All That I Am

By , Boston, MA
Imperfections in concrete glisten
With rain, oil and grime
Leaving answers in the air
That wash away with time
Immune to words you say
Immune to nails that scrape
For you can't ever break me
From your arms I escape

Drizzle29 said...
This was amazing. I can't even begin to describe how much I love it! It basically brought tears to my eyes. Very powerful.

pencils_4_hands This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you so much.  It is so encouraging to hear that! It was difficult to expose myself through this poem emotionally, and i beleive that when a poet digs deep enough, they can convey such emotion in the piece. thank you so much for your beyond encouraging response. It is for people and reactions like this that I write.

Drizzle29 replied...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 12:08 am
aww, yes i completely agree! poems can be so revealing and concealing at the same time and that's why i think they're so perfect. i think that the best poets are the ones that do dig deep, and you completely and totally managed to do so. i'm glad my comment made a difference :) , i can't wait to read other work written by you!

thank you! I will let you know when my newest poem goes online! I will check out ur stuff also :-)