Winter Moon

I gaze at the winter moon,
so high up in the sky.
You’re here with me so late in the night.
I could stay like this forever,
with you by my side.
I can’t help but feel like there’s no need to hide.
Wish on the starts,
or stare at the moon,
it will all be over much too soon.
You place your cold hand in mine,
I look up into your eyes just in time to see them shine.
It’s black as pitch out here,
but with you near me I have no fear.
When you hear the sounds in the wild,
your lips form into the most beautiful smile,
that I have ever seen.
Let’s enjoy this moment,
with only you and me.

katiepickelsimerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2010 at 1:02 am:
I tagged this as one of my favorites:) nicely written!!

1011says replied...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 8:22 am :
This poem can paint a really got visual in my mind.

Miseltoe said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 5:55 pm:
i love it u did paint a nice picture but more than that you created an atmosphere

crubs3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 1:59 pm:
This is so descriptive!!! i love it!!!! if you could please rate and comment on my work that would be great!!! thanks and ur really good!!! 

brax34This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:38 am:
i really liked it too, its just that after about the first three lines, i could pretty much guess what the rest of the poem would be

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 10:03 am:
I did love this; it was very beautiful. I feel that when the moon is up in the sky, night is the most magical time. You must have wonderful dreams!

tmoss1223 replied...
Aug. 1, 2010 at 7:22 am :
I do! Thank you so much! I love your udername too, by the way! Very creative! Tammy