The Return Home

I’ve always wondered what life would be if you weren’t here.
How would I live?
What direction would I go?
That’s my biggest fear.

I’ve always saw your face, so pleasant and proud.
You’ve always told me, “when it rains, don’t cry”, for you’ll always be my umbrella when there are dark clouds.
Now my umbrella is gone, and a storm has formed over my head.
However, forever in my thoughts are the uplifting words you said; and I smile.

I shed tears realizing you’re no longer bond to the earth, but you’re with God now.
Out of these hospitals, away from the hurt you contained for more than awhile.
As your ship sails off to eternal bliss, in heaven, I may cry; but the thoughts of you will forever help me smile.

As your body broke down, enclosed in your soul was a spirit to fight for your presence.
In this arena we call life, we’ll win a lot of our battles; but we all must fall to the undefeated Death himself.

Not a day passes that I forget that you left.
Memories will always replay, when I glimpse at your picture on my shelf.
Physically I won’t be able to touch you, when they put you into the earth.
Unable to conceal this unbearable hurt, I cry.

I ask the Lord why, and only he knows the answer.
You fought long & bravely with that form of cancer.
I realize now that you can rest for an eternity, but while you’re resting just know, in my heart, you’re a part of me.
There’s no other to replace the mother of my mother, for I’ll always be the child of your child.
So I smile.

MercedesXO said...
wow. this is BEAUTIFUL. there is so much meaning, and LOVE portrayed throughout this. i absolutely lovedd the ending those last two lines were magical. you have talent and i greatly appriciate your work and writing.

asiangurl said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 9:55 am
omg...i love it so much. gurl, i feell wat ya saying. its so beautiful and deep. please do continue writng. but i know it was hard but u got through it. dats alll that matters. thumbs up seriously:)

Deiyjuan replied...
Thanks so much, and, like you, I'll continue writing. Please check out more if you'd like =]

asiangurl replied...
dont you worry i will:)lol