Symbiosis

I wonder why
we separate ourselves so
from the idea that
we are no more than
Another species
another child of the
Earth and stars.
Isn't it enough to
Belong, to be apart of
a miracle
We believe we are
The smartest. We consider
ourselves the rulers, yet
we have become blind
to the needs of our kingdom
We are still searching
for the lore we misplaced...
If we pursued our instincts,
Lived in the moment, grasped the trails of life, and reconnected with a world forgotten, would we have this crisis?
Is this knowledge, these
new-found capabilities,
A blessing...
Or a curse.

We force our customs upon
others, dispose of them,
steal their volition if they
Repent, when we should be
Listening.
Of all the skills we claim to
Posses, there is a sensitivity,
An understanding
We lack, or have lost.
While we spend our days in labs,
looking in immoral places,
we should dig within our past
And rediscover the bond
That fellow animals still protect
They do not try
This connection is who they are,
and who we could be
Again...
A dream that outlives
Us all
I wonder

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:14 pm:
Cool poem. You are really into nature, aren't you? Have you read Lone Wolf by Jodi Picolt? (Probobly misspelled her last name...) I think you'd really like it.

AriShineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:34 pm:

This is outstanding. I completely argee with you; this is my opinion exactly! I especially liked, "Is this knowledge, these new-found capabilities, a blessing... or a curse."

I decided to look at your works after seeing your posts frequently in the opinion section. I often find myself agreeing with your viewpoint. Thank you; you are a good writer, and I respect you.

Keep writing!

BlueRain replied...
Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:25 am :

Thank you very much! That's nice to hear, considering that this is my first and oldest piece on here. It was part of a project and is actually how I found TeenInk in the first place.

Yes, I find the opinion/ review section the most interesting (though I do look at other sections, I just don't comment as much) because it allows both for critique and discussions of the subject, while most of the other areas are just for critique of the piece itself. 

I should probably take yo... (more »)