The Devils Angel

Faces dance around me.
Voices lift in song
Amidst the smiles and gaity
Is a sense that something's wrong.

I feel his breath upon me
Shudder at the touch of him,
His white-gloved hand though empty,
Boast the crimson stains of sin.

The voice of the devil's angel
Whispers deep, in melodic tones,
Sensual and alluring, enticing as it soothes.
His eyes, so penetrating,
I'm lost in the darkness of lipid pools.
Will Is close to breaking
Am I destined to play the fool?

Dance with the devil's angel
See the smile in his eyes
The evil glint of something
Deeply hidden,
Wrapped in lies.

With charms he doth enchant me,
In a woven spell I'm kept.
Forgetting the faces of innocents
Of stolen blood that he has shed.

mudpuppy said...
Spookiness, temptation, and wickedness. Some of the things I look for in a poem. :) Nice job.

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Awesome, fantastic rhythm and rhyme, great word choice, and very dark and creepy.  Wonderful job.

A_Dreamer said...

I like how you used such a simple rhyme scheme yet still made the poem so detailed. And the title fits the piece perfectly.

Good job! :)

Pitiful_Anonymous said...

I'm sensing that you have a bad experience with a male figure. In this I am narrowing it down to a boyfriend or father.  I don't want ot go into details, but it seems as if this has very deep, personal meaning to you..

Now, for the review.  I really liked this. It's very mysterious, kind of creepy and that seems to be my forte. Your'e a really great writer, and this is a really great poem :)

Was kind of sad to see a lack of shakespearean writing in this one, though. :P

respecturself7 replied...
No, this is NOT something I've experienced. But thanks for such a great reveiw! U hv no idea what It means to me especially since I'm thinking bout going to school for it. Sry to disapoint but I lk to experiment with dif styles LOL:D

SnehaChatterjeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 12:05 am
Hey u sure write lik a pro! gr8 poem!!