Four Saltines

The hustle and bustle of neon perils
The beeps and buzzes from the cars at random intervals
All of it seems too much for me
What's five or ten minutes going to be?
Enough time to shed a blanket
On the cold confines of my soul
Heat myself up with a tune from the juke
Or wispy steam from the bisque
Not three, but four saltines if I may
But if not, hey, that's ok
Here is still where I’ll stay
And see the progress of life at ease
Inside the old cafe'

lusis said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 1:06 pm:
I like the image this created, the speaker just watching life go by inside a cafe. Your use of the words "neon perils" was especially attention grabbing :)

mudpuppy said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 9:23 pm:
This poem reminded me of summer. I gives me a feeling of being stuck in traffic.

JohnWallOfTheWizardsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 2:13 pm:
Very original, I love the clear message. I envy poets because they can right about anything and everything.

Lindsay H. said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 1:37 pm:

It is very descriptive article. You should really keep writing

Lindsay

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:48 pm:
I love this, orginal and relatable, very interesting and well-put.  Your message is clear, and the voice is strong.  Great job.

KK2013This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:07 am:
Hmm, I had to read it twice in order to get it, but I liked it! very interesting. It has good descriptions, and I like how you didn't just say that city life was getting to be too much, but you showed it in a completely different way. NICE!

A_Dreamer said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:03 am:
Good job! You had excellent diction in here! :)

i.ll_be_fine_899This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:20 am:
hey this is pretty good :) i like itt