i will not change for you

Am I what you asked for?
Am I not what you expected?
Am I different?
We are all different.
We are all not what is expected.
If I am not what you want, then leave me.
Because I will not change for you.

WritingLoverForever said...
So, so true! I definitely know what it's like to have someone who wants me to change for them. I think we all do at some point. When will people start to understand that if they can't accept people for who they are, then they aren't worth having?

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 10:10 am
exactly!         

SilentOnlooker10 said...
Definitely could relate to this! Don't ever change for anyone its not worth it

Sept. 29, 2010 at 5:33 am
thanks so much!!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really liked this poem and understand what you are trying to articulate. You made such a large and meaningful message in such a brief poem, and I congrajulate you for it.

Aug. 20, 2010 at 9:59 am
thank you!

James Taylor replied...
Hey Pinky Promise,

Thank you for the rating and comment on my ballad.  I'm glad you like it so much.  I also like this poem you wrote. Keep writing, ou are great!

sincerely,
James

thanks! (;

janine1018 replied...
Sept. 10, 2010 at 7:45 am
i really like this poem!!! :)

Sept. 10, 2010 at 11:19 am
hehe thanks love(: