Remembrance

Friendships fade.
Hands part.
Rowboats separate,
Sailing independent
of each other.
The ocean of life
becoming wider,
more inhospitable.
I have lost so
many
friends,
losing touch as we
chose separate paths,
separate journeys.
Yet, the memories...
I will always have
the Jewel-like
memories.
Every last one,
opalescent within
my hands.

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 9:31 am:
I love this poem—very easy to relate to, especially now for me, at a time when I'm breaking from both this site and the friends I made here (as well as thinking about the friends I made here who left long ago). Very relatable for everyone, I think

YellowRose79This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 4:03 pm:
Very lovely and I agree! I like the part about memories :)

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 4:09 pm :
Le Hannon, Rose (may I call you Rose?)

YellowRose79This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm :
:) Rose is good. May I ask what inspired this piece?

Jul. 14, 2011 at 4:20 pm :
I was just sitting in the car, looking out on our west-side deserty mountains and the clouds, as we were driving home from a family reuion of which we were not actual blood relatives, and it kinda just came to me.

Aderes18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 2:29 pm:

I can also relate to this poem!

I love your picture too. It's very beautiful. :)

Jun. 13, 2011 at 3:56 pm :
I guess I must write about things that everyone feels :) The picture is beatiful, the colors are so clear.

ThesilentravenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so touching! I know the feeling to a great extent. Friendships lift you up, then fade (so heartbreaking). This poem is just lovely! Yes, memories are jewel-like. Very well said, and please keep writing.

IamtheStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 20, 2010 at 6:11 pm :

I'm going to run out of ways to thank you :)

Diola lle, and I don't think that I could stop writing, really ;)