Mango-Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Fruit that likes to think
she's exotic and foreign
and tropical.
She's got fire-orange skin
from the surfer-sun;
no spray-tan faker-baker here.
She was bona-fide grown
in her island paradise,
gossiping with pineapple
in frosty smoothies
and flirting with banana
and papaya in fruit salad.
She wore a hula skirt
and a lily in her hair
until she got shipped
to the mainland,
where she got chopped
and freeze-dried
and frozen.
She's still sweet and juicy-tangy
when you bite into her,
she's just not
exotic and foreign and tropical
anymore, like she wishes
she was.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:01 am
Very cool---I liked that you gave mango a personality. The ambiguous meaning is great!

LifeInTechnicolour This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:01 am
Thanks so much! :)

Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:01 am

PoWWow17 said...

I loved it efore and love it now ;)

xox

ThisLitIsBananas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

SYLLLIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! 

I mean thank u my dear :)

btw what are u posting? don't worry if it takes a looooooong time, 2. this poem here took like a month and a half to pend approval. -_-

Favourite movie stars: Sylvannah Tomagatick. JEsse  Lesniowski. xD