Standing on the Moon without a Spacesuit

I need a break.
Just a small one.
Not literally.
I don't want a broken foot
or something like that.
I'm not a masochist.
I just need some room to
breathe.
Like deep breathing.
The kind where you:
Inhale.
Hold it.
Exhale.
Relax.
Well,
that's what's supposed
to happen,
but most of the time
I just hold my breath
t o o l o n g
and end up gasping.
Not exactly what I would call
“relaxing”.
So, maybe,
I don't want to breathe deeply,
but I do need some room.
Just a little.
Just enough so that
I don't need to
think.
[Especially about
you.]

Alexandrathepoet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You are one of few poets who I like every poem of their's that I read, thanks for writing them!

-Jandee-Half-Psychotic- replied...
Oh, wow. Thank you so much. That means a lot to me! I hope to eventually create a collection of poetry and make a book. :3

-Kal- replied...
Interesting poem Emie :)

A.Bekah.Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really like how casual this is. and that the title isn't quite obvious but still entirely fitting.

-Jandee-SoundophobicPolite replied...
The most exciting thing about writing a poem is creating the title. :3

youveleftmespeechless said...
I SUPER loved this poem! I liked the ending especially, because it answered the question at the end of whom the narrator was stressed about. It was really well written. P.S. I am a HUUUGEEE lady gaga fan too!

Virabbit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I love all the titles you come up with, they're really unique! This poem's my favorite of yours, I definitely feel that way a lot. Keep writing, your work is really awesome! :)

Jandee replied...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 8:34 am

youveleftmespeechless :: I'm glad you loved it! ((Isn't Gaga amazing? I actually had a dream I met her last night. Anyways, I love meeting other little monsters.))

Virabbit :: Thank you! The titles are my favorite part of writing my poems. :3

XCLover said...
I can relate to this with all the different kinds of pressure from other people's expectations of me. Not sure if that made sense, really tired right now. If it didn't, sorry! Otherwise, I love the way you write, keep it up!

Jandee replied...
Thank you very much. ♥

ItWasAMurderButNotACrime This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That was so cute! I especially love the beginning, the whole thing with the "break".  That was really funny:D The style of this poem is interesting, and it definitely fits the mood.  The last part was really sweet, with the (especially about you) in parentheses.

Jandee replied...

[Actually, the "Especially about you." is in brackets. MAJOR difference.]

I love that you found it funny and enjoyed my poem. ♥

ItWasAMurderButNotACrime This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Hem hem. My bad. It was in BRACKETS.

Jandee replied...
Yes. Very different. -nods-

Of course, of course.

myworld10 said...
Like it very much.

Jandee replied...
Thank you             

introducing.me_899 said...
kool-ness. i loved the title and really loved the poem. it was worded awesomely nd the way it was written just made it seem cooler ^^

Jandee replied...
I'm glad you love the title! (That's my favorite part of my poem, but it's a secret. Shhh....)

. replied...
Yeah, I like the tiltle too. very unique. Good choice.