Mental Snapshot

A shudder and a blinking flash.
The perfect moment captured
And saved instantly to my memory.

Candid, natural, comfortable,
Genuinely happy together.
One
Last
Time.

I imagine printing it out
As a tangible reminiscence,
To clutch in my trembling hands.

I imagine the edges wearing down through time.
Soft. Faded. Bent.
Past the point of
Recogintion.

So I keep the flawless freeze in time
Tucked in a special folder in my memory
To refer to when nothing palpable remains.

QuixoticDreamer said...
After reading so many poems which use such good imagery, I just might (finally!) bring it into mine. It has never been one of my strong points, but you make it look easy! Thanks so much for posting this poem, I can really feel it!

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 26, 2010 at 6:15 pm :
I'm so glad my poems inspire you to try a new kind of writing! Thank YOU so much, and good luck with your poem - lemme know when its posted, I can't wait to read it! :)

ThornThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 25, 2010 at 10:22 am:
I really love this! I have nothing to correct or anything. It's so touching.

Aug. 25, 2010 at 3:54 pm :
Aww thanks! I'm glad you liked it! Love your username and avatar btw :)))

WritingLoverForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, this is great. I love how you compared implanting memories in your head as taking a picture. And I loved your word choice, too. Keep writing, 'cuz you are super good. :)

Aug. 13, 2010 at 10:04 am :
Thank you so much - I was kind of worried no one got it and it was just me looking at it in an unrelatable way... Your comment made my day!

bound4life4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 2:07 pm:
hey im just wondering do u , ellyn bo bellyn nd olican16 noe each other? like from skool or r u siblings or something?

Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:59 pm :
Lol. Yeah, they're my younger sisters :)

bound4life4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 23, 2010 at 7:55 pm :
o!!!!!!! hahahhaahahahaha! THAT makes sense now! lol...that funny

Aug. 23, 2010 at 8:21 pm :
:)))) Lol     

givemetherapy said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 3:24 pm:
I couldn't find what you asked me to look at, so I looked at this. Your use of words is mindblowing. Please never stop writing poetry :)

Jul. 22, 2010 at 8:32 am :
Thanks so much! Your comment means a lot :)

olican16 said...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 12:48 pm:
I kinda know how you  feel to like ellyn bo bellyn cuz im movin with u to!! i have a person too  but he broke up with me... oh well this is really good! keep it up!

ellyn-bo-bellyn_2014 said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 5:47 pm:
This is so heartbreaking. And I hate when people say this, but I know how you feel, Cuz ,ya know, I'm moving with you. And there's that one guy <3 for me too. Love it!!

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 8:56 am:
Thanks for the comments guys!

Haily_Jeanious said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 7:29 pm:
I totally love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is relalistic and makes you reader feel. keep it up!!

Poetsmom said...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 7:40 am:

You are amazing! You have a way with words that can touch your readers....I can't wait to read more!