To be a Hero?

Cruel hands leave marks uncovered; Innocent with no protector;
Running alone in the Darkness Tonight; running to hide with only Bruises they'll survive.

A black faced enemy with blood Stained lips she smiles as she Touches you and your body's frozen Stiff; survival is an instinct but There's no room for an escape, it's Now you have to choose will it be Her blood on your blade?

Tell me are we still innocent when We're just fighting to survive? We Don't mean to cause the pain, but Sometimes we do to stay alive.

In the dark, running, with no Protector, alone with my enemy's is It wrong to try and be a hero? Or In the morning, when the sun comes Up,am I just like them?

riley... said...
your titles are really intriguing. really made me want to read the poem. and the poem didnt disappoint. almost philosophical in its language and flow. great poem :)

Pitiful_Anonymous said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 1:47 am

I like it. very emotional and impactul, and great vocabulary.

Your'e a great writer. Keep doing it for sure. :)

respecturself7 said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:26 am
I was inspired by this book I read about this kid who was physically and s**ually abused. It's about wanting revenge for the pain and all they've stolen and inflicted upon you, wanting to protect the innocent from those that hurt you. It's about trying to decide if that makes you a hero or the same as your enemy's. It's about internal conflict, and trying to discern the line between good and evil. I wrote a story basically about the scenario this poem portrays. I personally, have never... (more »)

respecturself7 replied...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:28 am
The story's kinda a mixed between kids on the streets and foster kids. Hope my inspiration wasn't a let down!

BabyV replied...
This poem is really good and it makes u think. The best poems are the ones that are inspired by someting

XCLover replied...
No, your inspiration wasn't a let down :) What was the book called?

respecturself7 said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:17 am
I was inspired by this book I read about a kid that was physically and sexual abused.  It's about the innocent being attacked and wanting revenge, wanting to defend the others who will be hurt by the people that hurt them. Trying to choose if that makes them a hero, or one of the very people he's trying to fight. It's about internal conflict, and and finding the line between good and evil. I wrote this story,  about the scenario portrayed in this poem. I've never been through anyt... (more »)

TheColorRose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i don't know how i take it. i know i like it. i guess to me it feels like an endless race to find out who you are. you don't want to be like the people who made you scared and run away, but after everything you've done and been through you fear that's what you're becoming.

respecturself7 said...
Please ingnore the random capititaliation. Whenever I submit a poem it happens.:(

XCLover replied...
Wow. this is incredible! What inspired it?

respecturself7 replied...
I'll tell u but what do you think it's talking about? I really want know how people translate it.

2xc4myshirt replied...
Wow, this is amazing.. where did this come from and what was it inspired by?

XCLover replied...
Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:06 am
It sounds like something my boyfriend would write about his life in the streets. Survival of the fittest, killing because otherwise you will be killed, questioning your innocence because you have killed, no protector, wondering how alike your enemies you are.

2xc4myshirt replied...
wow, in that case, sounds like your bf has lived a life to be able to write something deep like that. Still, that doesn't' answer as to why this young person, lady, would write this........