Dying Romeo | Teen Ink

Dying Romeo

By respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York
respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York

There is a natural law in life to settle.....I broke that law ~Katherine Hepburn
Love, Is the severest of mental diseases~U.K.
Spinning always spinning....when life puts me down I'll give you a call~respecturself7

Death likened to a sweetest escape Encompasses me about. The suffering Of the weary and weak at heart is Finally to be rectified. To know no More another daybreak, and to die As death passes slowly over me, Sufficient enough is life's debt Repaid.

A blackened tomb ere my lady waits, Never to feel lights warmth again. She calls ever silent and in love Do i go, to face cold death for in Death lies my love.

mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

This piece was both romantic and bone-chilly creep at the same time, two of my favorite things in literature I might add.

on Jul. 13 2010 at 10:35 am
SlamminMan GOLD, Sandown, New Hampshire

Live life to the fullest no matter what the stakes are.

this piece is very strong and riley is right in his comparison to shak. and ed. this is deep and very easy to relate to which makes it fun to read. one thing you could improve on is making the lines in stanza form.

beautiful writing

i read a few of yours and feel as though you have great potential to be a spectacular adult writer

riley... GOLD said...
riley... GOLD, Yakima, Washington

"i became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." edgar allen poe.

sounds like shakespeare meets edgar poe. really deep and inspired.

on Jul. 2 2010 at 1:42 am
Pitiful_Anonymous PLATINUM, New Cumberland, West Virginia

"and all you f***ers go beep beep beep in cheap,plastic cars. If It's to dumb to see or say you'll still sing it, and I'll just cue the applause" - Marilyn Manson

As Baby V said, this makes me very reminiscent of Shakespear, which i love.

You really showed your message greatly, andi was able to understand it in one slick, meaningful read, a feat Mr Shakespear never accomplished with me, well done!

BabyV GOLD said...
BabyV GOLD, Jachksoville, Florida

A really good poet write so that the reader can walk in their shoes just for that one minute. Victoria Jones

Really good, sure makes shakespere alot more intresting. You have to read it twice to get the message, its really deep.

XCLover GOLD said...
XCLover GOLD, Sandpoint, Idaho

"I know I run like a girl, try and keep up!" ~Anon
"You only ever grow as a human being if you are outside your comfort zone." ~Percy Cerutti
"The hug is incomplete without you :3" NinjaMan

Beautiful! Keep writing!

respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York

Please ignore the random capitalization. It happens everytime I submit a poem.:(