Living as a teen | Teen Ink

Living as a teen

You'd think to be a teenager,
it would be all fun and games,
but in reality is not all the same.
Your world flips upside down and your head starts to pound, and all of a sudden the tears poor out.
I wake up every morning and look into this mirror, i stare into this face, i wish i looked pretty but im just a discrace.
My friends love me.. For me, and they hate it when i say "Im So Ugly." beauty comes from the inside and not the out. My mom always tells me, but i just cant figure that out. I have always had my doubts and learn to keep in my shouts.
I have dreams that we will never fear, always to be happy, and to never sed a tear.
But when i open my eyes, this world is so dark, my friends and family all start to die. My heart hits the floor, i dont know how much of this life i can take anymore.
My world keeps spinning, so my life keeps living, it used to be bright and full of life, but now all i here are gun shots and fights.
Pregnant people that just turned 15, walking and roaming up and down the streets.
This world is a shame, its never going to be the same,
there are suicides and homicides everyday. So do we have to live in a world of hate?

Trisket GOLD said...
on Jun. 15 2010 at 1:26 am
Trisket GOLD, Ely, Nevada

"Life Isnt About Waiting For The Storm To Pass,
Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain."

Thats what being a teen is all about. the struggle that seem like forever to get through. and becoming who you want to be. thanks for your support in commenting. It truley does mean a lot. and P.S everyone in this world is beautiful and full of life. you just need to let yourself except that.(:

Trisket GOLD said...
on Jun. 15 2010 at 1:23 am
Trisket GOLD, Ely, Nevada

Thank you.. It means a lot that you took time to read it.(:

Trisket GOLD said...
on Jun. 15 2010 at 1:22 am
Trisket GOLD, Ely, Nevada

Thanks.(: Im Glad you read This. It means a lot to me.

on Jun. 11 2010 at 7:47 pm
Sileron-evol PLATINUM, Providence, Rhode Island

"we are captives of our own identities, living in prisons of our own creation"

Wow this is so true, and idk iht made me think of my life,my family, my friendss and more importantlyy me. keep  writing this was sooooo gudd

on Jun. 11 2010 at 1:21 pm
HunterGirl_58 GOLD, Los Lunas, New Mexico

"If this is what it takes to get there. . . . then BRING ON THE PAIN!!!"

This has so much meaning and filling!!! I absolutly love this! I was everyone could read this, it gives such a good veiw through the eyes of a teen.

I could really relate to this, and I loved the rhymes!

My fav. line is "My world keeps spinning, so my life keeps living, it used to be bright and full of life, but now all i here are gun shots and fights" because this just pulls life together in a couple of words!

This was all around great!!!

on Jun. 11 2010 at 12:14 am
thewriteidea DIAMOND, Pleasanton, California

"Don't cry that it's over, smile because it has happened."

wow -- i REALLY like this. i love the way you describe the high school scene around you. i love the way you describe the way you feel inside. but mostly i love how much this relates to me.

well, mostly the part about being pretty. there are days (really, every day) where i dont feel pretty at all. my friends get mad at me because they don't like it when i say i'm ugly. i honestly think it's true though, and that makes life hard.

i havent quite learned to accept myself yet. by this poem, it doesnt seem like you have either. but thats what these years are for: first figuring who you are inside, and second, accepting yourself for that person. i'm still on the first step. so don't feel alone, because you are most definitely not.