To Be Like The Moon

Staring out at the moon reflected on the water,
It’s just resting there…
Like it couldn’t care about anything,
Like nothing could bother it…
I wonder what it would be like to become like the moon.
Not caring…
I look at the water at my feet,
How easy it would be just to let go,
To dive in,
To forget everything…
But then I think of all that I leave behind.
How they hurt…
I bend over,
Select a disk.
Then fling it into the abyss
I watch it fly over the rippling surface…
Defying the very law of nature,
But even the strongest must succumb to the pull
As it sinks below I again turn to the moon,
Oh to be like the moon…
To be free,
Away from all care, hurt, or regret.
A droplet falls, two, three.
I stand up as the heaven shed the tears that I cannot…
That I will not…
How hypocritical of me.
To refuse to shed a tear when I tell others how they can heal…
Oh to be like the moon…
I turn away as the reflection is drowned in all the tears…
Maybe I’ll fight a little longer.
I walk in the dark,
Toward what is called the light…
The morning clouds weep even harder,
Lamenting my loss…
Which was never my gain,
Oh to be like the moon…

LonleydandyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 1:34 pm:
Love it :D            

BloodForInk replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 4:37 pm :
thank you I rather like it myself lol

LonleydandyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 8:19 pm :
Haha, I kind of assumed that you did..haha, you know, it is your work..hahahahah

BloodForInk replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 9:07 pm :
yea that one was obvious lolololololololololololololol so how have u been

Jun. 10, 2010 at 9:20 pm :
Fine, you know, just finished finals....gah....hate math so much. And yourself?

BloodForInk replied...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 11:32 pm :
I'm ok school gets out tommorow lol

Jun. 11, 2010 at 6:51 am :
Haha, mine got out yesterday. Unfortunately we got out of school an entire week later than all of the other districts around..hahaha

BloodForInk replied...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 12:32 am :
hahaha nice

Jun. 15, 2010 at 10:04 am :
I'm so glad its all over...haha, I NEED summer this year! You glad?

BloodForInk replied...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 4:17 pm :
yea I guess, I'm just working all summer but other than that its nice. and I enjoy my job so we're cool

Jun. 16, 2010 at 5:18 pm :
Aww, that sucks....but I would much rather be in your position.....doing something during the day instead of sitting around doing nothing...haha

BloodForInk replied...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 5:25 pm :
well the go out and do somthing

Jun. 16, 2010 at 5:27 pm :
Believe me, I wish I could!

BloodForInk replied...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm :

its really not that hard; first-get off the omputer, 2-call some one, 3- walk out of the house and dosomthing!

sounds easy to me lol

Jun. 16, 2010 at 5:35 pm :

Hahaha, here's a few things [I'll use a list, just as you did]

1) I'm never on the computer, I check my e-mail once a day, and this is the first time that I have been on for more than five minutes in a LONG time, haha, lemme tell ya!

2) I can't drive! Does me no good to make plans if I can't go anywhere!!!!!!

3) I can't get a job as I am one of the younger kids in my grade [cutoff date is September, I was born in LATE August] therefore, my cousins has a job, but I know I ... (more »)

BloodForInk replied...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 5:39 pm :
WTF? your friends are in diffrent contries? were do you live? and who cares if you can't drive you have feet don't you?

Jun. 16, 2010 at 5:43 pm :
Hahaha, yes, I do have feet! Thank goodness for that..hahaha, and I live wherever my profile page says that I live! I have a Very diverse group of friends...hahaha, but I love 'em all to death!

BloodForInk replied...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 6:26 pm :
and they all go to diffrent countries that's freakng awesome I wish that I could do that

Jun. 17, 2010 at 8:55 am :
As do I...hahaha

BloodForInk replied...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 1:50 am :
why don't you??????