Best Friends | Teen Ink

Best Friends

By BornPoet1996 GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
BornPoet1996 GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

My favorite quote I always say is:How does one find happiness in making another lose their own and Love comes and goes like a revolving door waiting to hit you dead in the head and knock you on your little feet...

When I wanted to give up you were there for me. When I needed help you were there for me. When I thought nobody cared you were there for me. When I needed someone to turn to you were behind me. You were there by my side every step of the way. When I simply needed to smile or laugh you said the most funniest things. When I looked for your face in the morning it shined above all others. When I was down you picked me up. When I was sad you cheered me up. When I had my bad days you magically turned them into good days. When everyone disappeared you were still there. When it was a boring night you made it super fun. The day I first met you on September 8th,2009 I knew we would be best friends forever. Until this year however... You turned on me like a ready to run me over hen you started forgetting about me and started paying special attention to your new little friend. Ever since then you were a completely different person then I knew before.

My best friend of two years inspired me to write this poem because it shows how you and someone else an be the best of friends and then someone else comes along and they forget all about you and then hang out with you when they only want some thing and then skip away and get mad when you deny them some thing but that's just the way life is.