Can you hear it?

Can you hear it beating?
The hole in my chest-
That comes alive
To burn a brand across my sight and mind
Every time you meet my eyes

Is this love,
This eternal mix of pleasure and pain-
The games,
The frightful way, I’m always afraid,
You win me with a glance,
And I can no longer look away.

Is this longing,
The fire consuming me?
The sparkle of brilliant light I see in your eyes
The tickle on my skin.
You stole my heart with a whisper-
And what is my mind to disagree?

Can you hear it beating?
I can.

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 7:31 pm:
this is really goood, a lot of feeling in it. I'm still trying to decide if i like the last like or not, i can't really decide but maybe thats a good thing! the poem leaves me wondering, which i like :)

Delictious said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:34 am:
That was really nice. I like how you didn't really go and say what you were talking about, it kept a kind of mystery even though we all knew what it was. Also, the last lines are the perfect way to end the piece! This is very good!

CarrieAnn13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:36 pm:
I agree with hanging_girl_666, this should be in the magazine.  It's really beautiful!  Your excellent vocabulary serves you well. :)

hanging_girl_666 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:23 pm:
THATS AMAZING! THAT SHOULD BE IN THE MAGAZINE !! Oh my goodness im tearing up! I relate so much its not even funny! Inspiring and poetic and so much more. Oh my goodness astounding! Heart wrenching!

DaylightDarkness replied...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:29 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!