Can you hear it?

Can you hear it beating?
The hole in my chest-
That comes alive
To burn a brand across my sight and mind
Every time you meet my eyes

Is this love,
This eternal mix of pleasure and pain-
The games,
The frightful way, I’m always afraid,
You win me with a glance,
And I can no longer look away.

Is this longing,
The fire consuming me?
The sparkle of brilliant light I see in your eyes
The tickle on my skin.
You stole my heart with a whisper-
And what is my mind to disagree?

Can you hear it beating?
I can.

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really goood, a lot of feeling in it. I'm still trying to decide if i like the last like or not, i can't really decide but maybe thats a good thing! the poem leaves me wondering, which i like :)

Delictious said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:34 am
That was really nice. I like how you didn't really go and say what you were talking about, it kept a kind of mystery even though we all knew what it was. Also, the last lines are the perfect way to end the piece! This is very good!

CarrieAnn13 said...
I agree with hanging_girl_666, this should be in the magazine.  It's really beautiful!  Your excellent vocabulary serves you well. :)

hanging_girl_666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
THATS AMAZING! THAT SHOULD BE IN THE MAGAZINE !! Oh my goodness im tearing up! I relate so much its not even funny! Inspiring and poetic and so much more. Oh my goodness astounding! Heart wrenching!

DaylightDarkness replied...
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!