When These Wounds Fail This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

If in the event this is successful,
And I'm able to (and I quote) –

“plug my wounds with words''

Then let me stamp every bitter thought
that comes to my mind, on this page
On these bandages.
I can only hope that I'm not
doubted by my uncertainties
as I stop to wonder
what it is exactly
that I have just written.
No one will be able to relate to this,
And my scars will struggle
To remember how this happened.
Only you will be able to
Understand what this means,
But not until you begin peering,
through my wounds, of course.
Once you begin; trying to mend
My heart's broken pieces
Countless, fragile, broken pieces
And stepping over my broken bones
To scrape up the few good ones,
And rearranging my dead body
To piece my limbs back together,
You will eventually give up,
and come to rest at any rotten
or decomposed organ of your choosing.
Only then will you recognize it all
And then you will say, “I did that”
Yep, that was me,
I did that.

Aderes18 said...
Sorry. But I don't really get this. I mean- I do but it's just too abstract for me. 

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
its pretty abstract for me too. dont look at me captain. all i did was write it.

HateKnuckle replied...
If all you did was write it then you hold full responsibility for its origins and meaning. The problem must be with me. I fail to understand what you write and I really want to do what I cannot. I just need to accept that you like stream of consciousness or abstractions.

. replied...
Uh...come again? That was too abstract for me. I have no idea what u said

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
niiicee. i really like this. had 2 read it ovr couplee timez but then waz able 2 grasp the different meanings. gr88 jobb! keep it upp!:)

I didnt know there were different meanings. thank you captan. i appreciate you timing the take to commentate.

woundedcondor said...
Sept. 7, 2010 at 11:56 am
awesome!!!!!!!! i like the ending xD

you're awesome captain. merci tres beaucoup.

Olajide said...

this has so much flow. very amazing. I will be on the look out fr more of your work. 5 stars.

Please ake a look at "death reject" my poem please. thanks

i was going to read you captain. merci.

Chibbie said...
i love how you change darkness into a new light :) it is very well written. please write comments on my work I would love to know what you think.

Jun. 20, 2010 at 2:27 am
i love the way you find something in my work that love. i will commentate on you captain. here, hold on to this....

Chibbie replied...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:02 am
okay i will be waiting for more of you work then ;p

nice very thats.

DreamWriter15 said...
I like it, it's got that sort of morbid nonchalant attitude that makes bad things seem everyday, which they are, but people don't want to point it out.  Good job! :) 

Jun. 20, 2010 at 2:26 am
you have a way of interpreting poetry better then i can,my poetry, i should say. so, i guess that would mean you actually read it.........thank you dear captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Of course, why would I bother to comment if I had not read it, for that is what I have come to do: to read, to teach, and to write. :)

i'm just glad you actually bother captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
So am I, and I'm glad you bother to write, it's great to read :)

Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:51 am
merci captain.