My Beautiful Rescue | Teen Ink

My Beautiful Rescue

By Meg12 BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
Meg12 BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

I sit and just listen to the breath taking sound of the guitar while his fingers flow perfectly with the strings.
His toned, muscular arms tighten as he plays.
I take my eyes off his guitar just to stare at his face for a split second.
I can’t help but to gaze at his beautiful brown eyes and his flawless, light skinned face.
Our eyes meet and a smile starts to form upon my face.
I slowly start to see his smooth cheeks turn cherry red as he proceeds to blush.
His lovely pink lips curl up to smile back at me, revealing his straight, pearly white teeth.
How could someone be so perfect, like a cure for a broken heart?
With every chord played and every word said I fall more in love.
Like some sort of miracle painted within my vision.
Again, my eyes and ears focus on his hypnotizing guitar playing.
And I fall back under the spell of his precious music.

This piece was inspired by a boy, whom I just met only a few months ago. His name is Michael. This boy came into my life at just the right moment, in a time when I was in a relationship that only brought pain upon me; I no longer carry that pain. He has changed me in so many positive ways. God sent him to me knowing I was in need of a shoulder to lean on. I wrote this poem to express my feelings, just like he expresses himself by playing the guitar. The title, however, was inspired by a song he dedicated to me and played for me on his acoustic guitar. This poem is for the person who warms my heart. This poem is for Michael.