Nightfall | Teen Ink

Nightfall

May 10, 2010
By Voltura SILVER, Cape Coral, Florida
Voltura SILVER, Cape Coral, Florida
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"He was freezing to death in a pool of indefinite blackness, yet he was still content. Why? his eyes saw through the ebon night, lit ablaze by his ever burning passion deep in his fiery heart with the desire for true love." -Joseph Sauerland(myself)


Sin, I stand before you to test your will against mine.

I have walked through these Infinite plains of entrenching darkness that beseech the light of day, my will unchanging in the face of death.

Could this darkness of sin possibly take hold of me as the way the night takes the day mercilessly?

As darkness falls, so does the solstice of light, smothered once again at the passing of eve to welcome in the absence.

The sky, once virgin to the kiss of the lord of all eternal darkness…The Night.

Defeated in the silent strangulation of tranquility, the day retreats as nocturne looms in with finality.

Night has fallen, once again, and as the light of day might be gone for now, it will once again rise to strike down the darkness and bring hope to all that the new day will come.


The author's comments:
Nature.