Graduating Nightmare | Teen Ink

Graduating Nightmare

May 17, 2010
By browneyedone BRONZE, Irmo, South Carolina
browneyedone BRONZE, Irmo, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is like a box of chocolate" - Forest Gump


Graduating Nightmare

It is when you notice you don’t have a chance,
You finally realize you were given the chance almost a thousand times.
Your true emotions come out of your soggy eyes when you see the day that would have changed your
life is circled in red and marked with explanation points.
You wonder if it was all worth it, the future that is still ahead doesn’t even come anywhere near you.
All the times you goofed off or blew off studying for another round of video games.
You didn’t even drop out of high school, you still went just to say bye to the friends you would lose.
Now you are trying to decide if you want to go to graduation, in your heart you really do.
At least you can be semi apart of something you’re no longer apart of, after all who wouldn’t want that?
Underneath the words “Graduation Day!!!” is the time 2:00pm, it’s now ten.
You’re still wondering if you would do it all over again.
Oh how much fun it was to not care at all, and watch everyone you grew up with walk across the stage.
This vision keeps playing inside your head as you are in denial of how you got here.
Here to a place where you messed up, where you can’t change, if you only had that chance.
Next year you will mark Graduation Day eight months in advanced.
Hopefully this time you will have a chance.


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece because it was assigned by my Creative Writing Teacher. I'm glad I was given this assignment becuase it allowed me for the first time to write about one of my true fears that I have newly discovered.