TWO YOUNG TEENAGERS | Teen Ink

TWO YOUNG TEENAGERS

By Juless SILVER, New York City, New York
Juless SILVER, New York City, New York

“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.” - Laozi
"God does not give heed to the ambitiousness of our prayers, because he is always ready to give to us his light, not a visible light but an intellectual and spiritual one; but we are not always ready to receive it when we turn aside and down to other things out of a desire for temporal things."-Saint Augustine
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - John F Kennedy

I am eleven years; I am supposed to start middle school.
I am eleven years old and I am starting another school.
Instead I have to work.
Great! Another year is wasted on education.
To survive, to support my family! My wages are low. But still, its money!
I would do anything if I didn’t have to go to school anymore!
I would do anything for a new life… hmm? Maybe school? Just a thought!
Why do I need an education? I am not that poor? I won’t need this in the “Real world”?
I get beaten, for not making clothes faster! I am hungry and haven’t slept in like, forever! Work is work!
What’s the problem for not caring? I know I should be lucky but still school is crap!
I need a life instead of getting beaten to death and starving! I want an education. People don’t know how lucky they are! I would do anything to be part of that world.
I mean I can rely on my parents, for making me food, money, everything!
I have to rely on myself. I wish I had parents but they died and I have to support my twins. I wish everything were different!
My school day is almost finished; I wait eagerly for the clock to strike three! Now the games begin and the fun starts!
I’m desperate! I need a brake… I want this day to finish. I wait and work for hours for this crappy job to finish. My advisors keep on pushing me until I am done… with bloody hands.
Its time for hanging out and just chilling with my friends!
When I get home, I cry to myself and I try so hard to feed my twins. Instead I have to feed them coffee instead of milk. I don’t have the money!
Finally I am home, watching TV and eating tons of food! Then, just play video games
Great! Another day working my ass off but getting paid a little bit! I want a life! I want to get out of this place with my children! I just want to fly away!
Just another boring day of school…fun! I just want to skip school! I hate it. Despise it! You will never know my real hatred