Open Your Eyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My friend once asked me
Why I looked so sad, and
(laughing)
I told her
(only half a lie) that
I was just thinking, and
It seemed so odd
For her to wonder.
(I thought)
Maybe if she opened her
(brown) eyes
And really bothered to
Look (without sunglasses),
She might see what
color the sky is
(not blue) and
Maybe she wouldn’t ask
(such a convoluted question),
Because
Maybe she would be sad
(too).

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 11:43 am:
Well, I'm a fan :)

Killerkate said...
this is awesome

liv.laf.love13 said...
i think my heart just felt something new bravo!!

loversinjapan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 16, 2010 at 11:04 am:
I loved this piece of work because it has multiple meanings to a reader, like why the narrarator is so sad. It's written wonderfully and as MelaineLouise already said, "bloody brilliant". So, I agree...keep writing!

MelanieLouise This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm:
bloody brilliant. keep writing, Mel

ivyflight said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 4:47 pm:
This was brilliantly written, I loved how you added thoughts in the parenthesis, and the initial idea of the poem.

Dancelivelove This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:10 pm:
I love this. :)

momentofweakness.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:04 pm:
this is so great. i love your writing style- it's simplistic and direct, but it's still incredibly effective. wonderful job! (:

Daydreamer14 said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:39 pm:
Has great rythm and flow, I loved everything about it! Good job!:)

crubs3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 6, 2010 at 5:31 pm:
This was really good!!!

DustyCheyanne<3 said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 8:56 pm:

i loved this, alot (: Superb job!

Please check out some of my stuff and tell me what you think.

Lilacs_Smell_WonnerfulThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 8:03 pm:

This is a very nice poem! It has good rhythm, and the sound is original. Good job and keep writing please. :)

-Lilac

CloneA This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 6:46 pm:
This poem is lovely to read - I love the flow, but also the message! Keep writing :)

Ninja_Writer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:50 pm:
I loved this piece. Keep writing

Dominicangirl said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:47 pm:
Loved iht :D

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 5:25 pm:
wow this is really good! (:

AndTheVinesSpin said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 6:53 am:
Wonderful...

OliviaAnnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 9:14 pm:
this is really good!i like how you described it more in parentacies

TheSummoningFreak said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 4:25 pm:
i love this!! it's really good and i just love it you have really good talent

Nyrihaz said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 4:16 pm:

I really loved this. Especially the line about the sky not being blue... it makes you think (and be sad) too ;)  Is a very good piece, with all the things it say and don't say.