Just a boy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By , Kansas City, MO
Walking down the hall
Feeling confident, tall
Out from the crowd
A boy appeared
Exactly what I feared
“He is just a boy.”

With pearls from the ocean
Hair that causes a commotion
Heart of care and compassion
Oh, his effortless sense of fashion
“But, he is just a boy.”

He is just a boy
That takes my breath away
A boy that leaves me speechless
When I simply say, “Hey.”
He is just a boy
That naturally has it all
He makes big things out of what's small
So once again I lie to myself
About this guy so far from coy
“He, is just a boy.”

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
sorry that was so long :)

tdodgens555 said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 8:08 am
My teacher and I was looking for more of your work, but couldn't seem to find it. Where can i find it at?

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

First, thankyou so much for your extended intrest in my work :) I think if you put in the search box one of the poems titles and it comes up by egyptiangirl13 then yoiu could get to the rest of my work from there because once you click on that poem than there should be a link somwhere that says liike view more work or somthing so here's the steps:

1. Go the the search box in the top right area of the sceen (but not like google search it should be just for teen ink) type in Cemented in ... (more »)

myralyne said...
I liked how you expressed yourself throught the poem and it told us a little about your past.

Thankyou so much !!! please check out some of my new work ( i listed it on the commet below:) i think that you'll like lost lines and cemented in the walls

tdodgens555 said...
Jan. 31, 2011 at 10:14 am
I can relate. You done a great job with this poem. I love how it rhymes a little. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - love; Taylor (:

Thankyou so much for your support and commets!! Please check out some of my new work :) such as For the love of the game, More than a game, lost lines, and Cemented in the walls :)

Ame14 said...
very good!

:) thankyou