- Summer Guide
- College Guide
- Author Interviews
- Celebrity interviews
- College Articles
- College Essays
- Educator of the Year
- Personal Experience
- Travel & Culture
- Current Events / Politics
- Drugs / Alcohol / Smoking
- Entertainment / Celebrities
- Love / Relationships
- Movies / Music / TV
- Pop Culture / Trends
- School / College
- Social Issues / Civics
- Spirituality / Religion
- Sports / Hobbies
- Community Service
- Letters to the Editor
- Pride & Prejudice
- What Matters
“You’re going to feel a little prick.”
I feel the cool rush of the medicine as it swims through my veins.
I start to count down from 10…
9. It starts turning my mind black.
8. This wasn’t right; I know it wasn’t supposed happen.
7. I can feel them moving around me hooking and prodding,
6. Going on with their work as if nothing was happening
5. I could feel every second tick by, each one lingering for eternity
4. My heart thuds increasing with eagerness as the machine beeps louder.
3. I can hear my heart beat blaring in my ears.
2. My body seems to go numb.
1. Am I floating? I wonder to myself.
...I feel a sense of calmness.
The nurse touches me slightly, propelling my thoughts away from it all.
“Are you okay?” the anesthesiologist asks.
“yeah” I reply keeping my fears to myself.