The Thoughts of a Girl | Teen Ink

The Thoughts of a Girl

For why must I wait for him, just him to arrive into my life? I sit, waiting for my answer to come to me. Would I look better straight or curly? Skinny or fat? Will I have my true love if I was different? All questions go through my head, why won’t he come, into my loving, open arms? Is it me or him? My apperance or personality? So as the day goes through it’s normal cycle, I sit and wait for my true love to sweep me up onto my feet and allow me to be myself, and to feel beautiful and special, the way I am.

My "sister" inspired this poem- always waiting for her boyfriend to call or waiting to be asked to the dance. Always concerned she's the one who has to change.
- Well you don't, your great the way you are and no matter what, your still my BEST friend! Love you like a sister!

Authorgal98 GOLD, Frankort, Illinois

"Let your mind sart a journey through a strange new world..."

haha, but then again i should stop hitting myself/stabbing myself with a spoon.... hahaha Viper Spoon attack!

Dancing said...
Dancing, Springfield, Illinois
no its not but confidence is always a good thing 2 have :)

Authorgal98 GOLD, Frankort, Illinois

I'm about to cry! So this is how I act? Haha, i do need to work on my confidence...

Dancing said...
Dancing, Springfield, Illinois
Thanks! I tried to make this piece relatible, especially to all the others who feel the same way. I appreicate the comment by the way! :)

phatbeats SILVER, Los Angeles, California

"the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" JFK

this was a good story. just be yourself!!!