highway of life | Teen Ink

highway of life

By jessa-lynn PLATINUM, Elyria, Ohio
jessa-lynn PLATINUM, Elyria, Ohio

giving up dosent always mean your weak, sometimes it just means your strong enough to let go.
(i love it when people comment on my work}

On this street in town theres a park bench, i like to sit there on nice days and watch the traffic. Its a busy road so theres lots of cars. When a nice breeze go's by i feel it and i sigh and i remember life.I see cars and think of them as peoples lives. Some people are on the phone or doing something, and i think of desracted peoples lives, and how somethings bothering them. Then i see cars going past lights and those cars are like people who took a leap in life. Like the birth of a child, a new crush, or a new job. Then i see cars that are stopped by red lights and i think there stuck, Something in there life was tramadicly changed. The death of a loved one, the break-up of a love or losing a job. Put those lucky few that fly past a yellow light are the lucky ones with no problems. There just living.And i take a deep breath and think which car am i? which one are you?.......

its kinda amazing, when the ordinary become extra ordinary and life takes a turn for the crazier