Yellow

The color of summer.
Where the sun shines all day and the only activity on your list is packing for the beach.
Yellow is the color of dandelions and sunflowers.
Yellow is fresh and new but old in the remembrance of last years yellow light.
The color of lemons to make a cool refreshing drink on a sun filled day.
Yellow the color of a bright bountiful oval in the sky, the sun.
Without the sun there would be no life.
Without life there would be no us.
And without lemons you can't make lemonade.

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful poem. It's ironic that I'm reading this because right now it is about 90 degrees, I'm soaked with sweat, and I really want lemonade :) Beautiful descriptions of summer and of the color yellow.

faypirate23 replied...
did you get some lemonade??;)

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm actually drinking some right now :)

Sarbear This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really like this--and the last line lmao! n.e.way this is well written, but, well, a little random!! love it:)

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I've always been a fan of random!

But dandelions make me made :)

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
"mad" that is....

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
see i told you.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
"without lemons you cant make lemonade."-I love the complete randomness of that statement nd how it doesnt fit at all. i didnt believe in the color yellow at first-but you've changed that.never mind I still dont believe in it...5 stars captain.

the color yellow also makes people irratable and angry and nuerotic.-you can google that captain. thats why supervillians dont wear yellow-its because they're already evil....

faypirate23 replied...
i used to hate the color yellow but one of my frends..likes it alot lol and well it reminds of that person

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
i like the poem, it has a good ending

faypirate23 replied...
ty lol the ending was completley and utterly random

May 19, 2010 at 8:31 am
completely and utterly random-I knew it.

faypirate23 replied...
haha yes! i cant be sophisticated at all because of where I live...see that was randomness to the extreme.

what?????????????

faypirate23 replied...
who knows???...

if you are alluding to the fact that you live out in the wilderness then or the jungle then I would lie to reserve a cave.-you know, you've just inspired me to write a poem.May I use your name in it?

faypirate23 replied...
welll i kind of do live out in the wilderness...i live in the middle of nowhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of nowhere in the ghetto in the woods in a cabin with my hobo cat ;)

yep, here we go...............

faypirate23 replied...
i wish i could talk to you in a quicker easier way ..