Life on Hold

A little girl of 7
Nieve and laughing
Plotting what to do next
Oblivious to the cruel world around her
A girl of 12
Starting middle school
Talking about "When I grow up..."
Making plans to be a vet
Coloring pictures of rainbows and sunsets
A lady of 15
Dreams shattered with the growing bubble
Brain surgery needed to make it quit
Everything put on hold
All her dreams now untold
And for what?
A loveless god!?

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is powerful, i like the progression of time. May the power of the universe bring luck to your sister. (I'm non-religious, so i wish the universe to people, instead of a religious symbol.)

Mina4Eva replied...
thanks im not religious either cause if there were a god he wouldnt do this or all the other s*** he dose lol it means alot though thanks

carriethebeliever said...
May 18, 2010 at 10:19 am
I am so sorry about your sister. This is an amazing poem. It sent me stright to tears.

Mina4Eva replied...
May 18, 2010 at 10:23 am
hanks so much it means alot

Kilia said...

This is a beautiful poem. It's simplistic, but it really punches you in the gut when you read it.

I'm very sorry for your sister. I wish her strength to make it through.

CrazySquid said...

Wow its beautiful!!!

So sad...I was almost crying by the end. To dream so big and then have a chance to lose it all. Please Please keep me updated if you can most defiently prayers!

Mina4Eva replied...
so she went in for surgery this morning i have yet to hear any news but she was admitted yesturday cause of a sever headache found it grew and was putting pressure and now its just by ear hope for her health please

Saidah. said...
May 17, 2010 at 7:41 am
WoW ! THis IS Amazing !

Mina4Eva replied...
thanks it took alot to not cry while writing it

Patience97 said...

She is in my prayers -- I promise. I'd pray for everyone on this Earth if I could :( But I can't, not enough time. I think it is better to take action rather than hope and pray for the best, but sometimes, hoping and praying is the most you can do.

Wonderful poem, truthful.

redheadwritehere said...
that was amazing! It was filled with so much emotion, an really spoke to the reader!

asian-persuasion replied...
May 17, 2010 at 11:44 am
omg, this is so sad. i am so sorry, even though sorry doesn't help. i will be praying for her. everything happens for a reason. never give up on God. no matter what

Mina4Eva replied...

thank you all so much for everything!!! ur so kind ill keep you posted if you want