What? | Teen Ink

What?

By Softballsmarty BRONZE, Elbert, Colorado
Softballsmarty BRONZE, Elbert, Colorado

Life's short, Talk fast. -Loralai Gilmore

What do you do
When the person you want doesn't want you back?
What do you do
When you long for his kiss?
What do you do
When the thought of him conforts you?
What do you do
When he's mean and cruel to you?
What do you do
When you do when you're afraid to say how you feel because he might never talk to you again?
What do you do
When you long to be held by those strong arms and those strong hands cupping your face?
What do you do
When you two have a past together, but no future?
What do you do?

"...See, there's this place in me where your fingerprings still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me" - Gretchen K

LeilaniLives PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"They say 'Life's two steps forward and one step back' - But what if I tripped and fell down the whole flight of stairs?"

This was wonderful. I can relate to what you're saying, but in an adverse way. I broke up with the love of my life because I thought, and most of me still believes, we can't make it like this- he needs to mature... we were dating for 18 months and everything was great, but now is time for us to take a break.... now I look at him and long for him. I think all of the things you think, except along with that there is this guilt. I'm causing my own hurt. I'm teasing myself. I'm screwing with my own head. But thank you, thank you for writing this so I could relate and see.... it's not your fault and you hurt as bad too. Aren't I crazy to sit back and let myself feel like this? I'll follow my heart.

P.s. Feel Free to check out some of my writing. Past the photography I have many poems and some stories. I'd like it if you could comment on mine as well.