It's Like Suicide,... Really

I could never write a poem
that you could relate to.
This poem would never hit home.
And even if straight forward
you still wouldn’t understand.
You wouldn’t read this poem
and say, “that was amazing.”
It wouldn’t be full of imagery
and have excellent word choice
that expresses how I feel.
There is no poem in the world
That could express how I feel,
Or successfully paint a picture
of what you do to me,
even when you do nothing.
Words could never do the job,
And if hired to express emotion,
Words would fail.
This poem would fail.
But maybe, just maybe
If I were to take a bullet
And cover it in rubbing alcohol
Then light it, and fire it at you.
Or better yet…light it
And cover it with shattered glass
Then fire it at me.
Well then maybe..
Just maybe..
you’d get the idea.

Aderes18 said...

This poem captures the essence of who you are as an artist. 

Well done, captain. :)

bobtailfunkycat said...
reading your poems is rather like being shot with a flaming bullet covered in shattered glass.... but I like it.

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
ah bon? comment est que captaine. n'inquites pas, j'aime ton commentaire. merci bien captaine.

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 11:45 am
woww. very powerful. im kinda...speechless. itz amazingg lol:)

Thank you so much! i really comment your appreciate. thank you for taking the time. merci captain.

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 10:55 am
this was very...powerful. ive read a lot of your stuff and it just leaves me...speechless i guess. but this one is the best yet(;

Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 am
merci captain.i appreciate the perceived powerfulness, and the effect of speechlessness.

DreamWriter15 said...
This is so.....well, I can' t say amazing because you've already said I can't say that.....but that's what I would say.  I don't know how you come up with these things, but they're incredible, really.

Jun. 20, 2010 at 2:52 am
thank you captain.i value your input. it has just inspired my inspiration.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Haha, well I'm glad :)

possiblylindsey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 25, 2010 at 11:26 am
this is completely amazing and probably the best poem ive read on this site yet. you are awesome, i love the creativity. wowww. im jealous of youhh. =]P

thank you but not for the jealously. cant we all just get along and love each other and steal the orange juice from that guy over there?

possiblylindsey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
hahah yes because stealing is always the pious thing to do =]P

I'm so happy you finally understand.

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Wow, I love it! It's very deep and emotional, great work, 5 stars :)

P.S. Don't worry, I was able to completely understand it. The middle of the second stanza shocked me at first, but it was a great reaction kinda like "omg wow they went there and did it right" :)

"omg wow they went there and did it right". -there goes the monkey. thank you captain. I needed that.

P.S.-its funny how everybody wants to read the poem about suicide.

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yea that is pretty funny lol I just picked that one first b.c u specifically mentioned that one, but it was definately a great first read!

you're deoxyribonucleic acids consist of pure awesomeness. thank you for taking time out of your complex and meaningful day to glance in my direction:) ch-ching.

My pleasure :) It was worth it!

hahah i love the DNA comment there =] you are hilarious!