Proof That The Writer Doesn't Care How The Character Feels This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

He's nervous,
he has second thoughts.
The doctor says he has
nothing to worry about.
Which means he has
everything to worry about.
He starts trembling and shaking,
Which is the last thing they need
Because blood doesn't clean easily.
The doctor says,
“The drugs should kick in soon,”
Which means the drugs
will never kick in.
He starts thinking
about all the bad he's done.
He feels guilty, really guilty.
He starts to pray, but he's too nervous to finish.

The drugs still haven't kicked in yet,

But fear has,
and now he's petrified.
He wants his mommy.
His wife asked
if she could sit with him.
His boys asked also,
but he refused.
He really wants his mommy.
The doctor grabs his tool and starts working.
Now he's terrified.
He starts squirming.

The drugs still haven't kicked in yet.

“Narrator, do something,” he says.
So I say, “Doctor, Please,
I don't think that arm goes in there.”

ASadSadEmoChic said...
today at 1:58 pm
This is the best poem I've read this month. I didn't get it at first, but half-way through I realized what you meant.

HateKnuckle said...
Finally!!! Something that makes sense and is good. I appreciate this poem very much because it is humorous and many people would know how hard humor is to come by on this site. At first, I thought you were just a fanatic for things that didn't make sense or relate to each other in any way but this just changed that.

. replied...
Believe it or not I dont owe u an explanation or a poem u can comprehend. Feel free to come back when u can do your dance properly, meanwhile I'll be out east sabotaging three kingdoms. U can walk around holding this sign that days I dont care.

BeyondTheBrooke replied...
??????????? i dont understand this comment at all

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:33 am
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........so.

Aderes18 said...

It's funny. I totally don't like really sad books but all the novels that I think of writing all have the main character dying in the end. Somehow it doesn't feel as sad when it's your own story. :) 

Nice job. I enjoyed reading this. And again, reminded me of House because of the doctor stuff. You should seriously think of watching that show more often. 

Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:32 am
OMG! I like, totally didnt know !commented on my article like almost four months ago. OMG! That is so not good.I'm like so sorry! And I like totally thank you for your comment!

Aderes47 replied...
It's cool. I don't have enough time for Teen Ink anymore. High school.

alanacarlene said...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 10:51 am
Ha Ha!!!! OhMyGosh!!! this is truly brilliant captain ;) -creative -great flow -good imagery -and definately my favorite of you

HasntWrittenInAges This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
freakin awesome captain. i do am still is loving the inputism. merci-...i know.

Bill M. said...
Mine of Ivory Skulls.  Yea Im in HS.

........what? what is hs?

Bill M. said...
This was a great read; you really put me in the shoes of this guy. Good to see a fellow poet here in Jax.

ah, merci captain. i really comment your appreciate. do your dance and please tell dell support center to stop trying to install itself.....ou habites-tu? (where do you live?)

Bill M. replied...
I live around Mandarin area. And yea, compliments are due to this poem. If you get the chance, check out mine (I have 6 more on the way).

Nov. 4, 2010 at 7:47 am

give me the title of atleast one of them because clicking on your name doesnt help cause of this sites malfunction-bill.

you in high school?

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
**YOU** :) :)

...who,me?

Boo Why are that awesome? I think I'm in love with you. 5 stars and a few comets. 

why is what awesome? i already knew i was in love with you. i love seeing your name at the bottomof my verbal bandages (poems).