When The Kingdom Falls (There Goes A Way Out From Here)

When the kingdom falls,
You will be left here to rot
In your misery and shame,
But you don’t have to go alone.
You can bring a friend
if you like,
So for once you can feel wanted,
And greeted-except by the nothingness
That will consume you
on your way down.
You will be able
to taste the sweet
Descent into madness.
If you’ve already tasted it,
Then your stomach
will bulge from too many
Mouthfuls of insanity.

This is the only place
that rotten people like you
Have left to go….

The feelings of your king
are bottled up.
He could not warn you
Of what this place holds.
Take your king and shatter him
into a million pieces.
Then piece them back together,
seal the cracks with superglue,
But only a little so that
justice can seep through.
Then set the bottle on fire.
Take it to the edge of a cliff,
and leave it their to burn.
Now this will be a very wild fire,
And it will spread rapidly,….
So Jump.

DreamWriter15 said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 7:15 pm:
I love this piece, as usual, it's so straight-forward and beautiful...

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 10:17 am :
.......like right now...

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 1:10 pm :
?what do you mean? am i not doing my dance on the monkey?

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 4:29 pm :
Yes, you are, and I see that now, but...I just don't understand WHY.

Jul. 28, 2010 at 4:43 pm :
what do you mean you dont understand whi I'm doing my dance? thats like me saying i dont understand why you keep writing the bestesses. where are we captain? oh, they're up. read me captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 5:19 pm :
I don't know, I was short on time and I needed something deep and meaningful to say.

Jul. 29, 2010 at 9:30 pm :
oh, well you totally missed that one captain. redo your dance on the monkey.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 6:09 am :
I suppose.

Starrlyt said...
May 14, 2010 at 11:44 am:
"Then piece them back together,
seal the cracks with superglue,
But only a little so that
justice can seep through" I really really really liked this line. It has great flow, and you're a great poet.

May 14, 2010 at 11:55 am :
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!-i shouldnt have done that-it made it seem like i was yelling at you. i added that line to make the poem a little more clear, so people could see the poem was about a king who did wrong and so his people paid for it. so i guess there wasnt really a way out for them like the title says-since they jumped off a cliff....

Irony This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 11, 2010 at 5:57 pm:
"Leave it their to burn" should have "there", but other than that--this just gets me. Insaneprincess already said it. Favorite aspect is probably how it builds up to the end.

May 11, 2010 at 6:02 pm :
hmmm......right. I guess profreading your own stuff is like not proofreading it at all. thank you captain.

HeronHero said...
May 10, 2010 at 8:36 pm:
I love it!It's very expressive and a bit confusing at times, but I really do love it!:)

May 10, 2010 at 9:01 pm :
thank you-which part was confusing?

HeronHero replied...
May 11, 2010 at 10:51 pm :

You will be able
to taste the sweet
Descent into madness.
If you’ve already tasted it,
Then your stomach
will bulge from too many
Mouthfuls of insanity.

This part was a little bit confusing....but my neighbors were blasting their music yesterday so I was having a hard time concentrating!Sorry about that. It makes more sense reading it now, in silence!rofl

May 11, 2010 at 11:21 pm :
yeah they're basically going crazy-hope you got that. hmm.....

HeronHero replied...
May 12, 2010 at 1:13 am :
hahaha I get it now:)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 10, 2010 at 5:04 pm:
if you pass by this sucker please tell me what you think AND WHY. and please be a jerk about it if you like. dont be afraid to tell me how you feel. I love you.......its okay....

insaneprincess said...
May 10, 2010 at 5:02 pm:
i like this - there's alot of depth. in a way i find it elegant yet a disastrous beauty. :/ 

May 10, 2010 at 5:04 pm :
youre the best-can you please tell me what you think its about-I wanna know what people think.

insaneprincess replied...
May 10, 2010 at 5:15 pm :

its just

i don't even know how to describe it- theres something distinctive about this one. It states a point but in a certain way .