The Corner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Every time you see a little girl,
someone doesn't want her around,
or so I hear. I know where they go,
these little girls without ribbons
in their pigtails because their mothers
had no time – these girls who must
live like great ships, docking nowhere,
needing no fuel or crew. They hide
under quilts in corners with their rag
dolls, whispering to them and feeding
them graham crackers and apple juice.
“Do you want your mommy, Rosaline?”
she'll ask her doll. And she'll make
her doll shake her head, yarn braids
bobbing, eyes button-black and yearning
for something she can't have.

esnow824 said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 11:36 pm:
Wow. I could see and feel everything. I wish I could write like this :)

LifeInTechnicolourThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm :
Awww, thank you :)

imrighthereyouknow said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 12:28 pm:

Wow! Amazingly emotional, good imagery. Through your descriptions and similes I could almost feel what the girl was feeling. It was touching... I may have to tag it as a favorite.

If you get the chance, can you check out some of my work?

Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:19 pm :
Sure thing! Thanks so much! :)

Taylorbaby97 said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 12:12 pm:
This is touching, and relateable . I love it <3

Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:21 pm :
Thanks so much :~)

outsidethebox said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 12:08 pm:
I agree this was heart warming!

Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm :
Aw thanks!! :-)

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 7:37 am:
great job!!!-really good i love it!!! please check out some of my work if you get the chance!

ThisLitIsBananasThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:13 pm :
Thank u! I sure will :)