Time to Love | Teen Ink

Time to Love

By rainkissed BRONZE, Brampton, Other
rainkissed BRONZE, Brampton, Other

"to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -E.E Cummings

Sometimes
When I'm alone
I'll plug my ears so I can hear the echos my heartbeat makes to know
that I'm still breathing right
Because sometimes
My blood happens to stop flowing when you walk in the room
Your presence does that to me, you know
Sometimes
I Polaroid you when I stare so your image will last when I look away
hope you didn't notice
But hoping you did
And sometimes
Wishing you'll one day find me staring and maybe you'll smile
Then sometime you'll remember how we were together
Back when sometimes
I wanted our pulses to match in tempo and beat till we saw sparks fly
But at that time
I never tried to tell you how I felt
So you never would of guessed
That this time
I would be brave enough to admit to you that all this wasted time was
worth it
To finally realize that all this time
You loved me

I've always sucked at poetry... but reading more free verse poetry lately inspired me to give it a try. I hope it makes sense and flows right. Please feel free to offer helpful criticism :)

on Feb. 3 2011 at 10:43 pm
SammyJo1318 BRONZE, Mountlake Terrace, Washington

"Everything that doesn't kill you in life, makes you stronger" -Unknown

This is really great! :) It was very visual and true :)

on Feb. 2 2011 at 7:14 pm
BeTwEenDrEaMiNGaNdCoMiNGTrUE PLATINUM, Howell, Michigan

“If I speak in the tongues of angels, but have not love, I'm only a resounding noise , If I have the gift of knowledge, And if my faith moves mountains high, But have not love I am nothing… Though I know the One, Who holds the stars in the heavens, In the palm of His hand, If I give all I possess , To the poor and the helpless, I'll still gain nothing, Without love… Love's patient, True love is always kind, Love does not envy, Never brags, it's never proud, Slow to wrath, it keeps no records of wrongs against friends, Love forgives… It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (1 Corinthians 13:1-5,7)
“If the world hates you, remember that it hated Me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” John 15:18-19
"The world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these the spirit blooms..." ~ George Santayana

I love it :D and the best thing about free verse poetry is that i doesn't have to follow rules!!!! :D it's my favorite