Figuratively Floating | Teen Ink

Figuratively Floating

April 17, 2010
By PretendWallflower BRONZE, Houston, Missouri
PretendWallflower BRONZE, Houston, Missouri
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The best things in life are unexpected-because there were no expectations" - Ely Karmarov


I float and I fly up in the sky, drifting along on air currents, going along with it. Looking down I see the world below. I see lives lived. I float along. Clouds form. They’re big, puffy, and white, attracting some attention, but still I float along. I haven’t done much, at least, not as much as I could. Every now and then there may be harsh winds, or heat lightning. They are rare sad or angry moments. They don’t come too often.

I fly around swaying to the wind. I enjoy my time, soaring with the wind, chasing air masses, and swimming through air currents. All the while pressure is building. Things are happening, unseen. In the pretty clouds the people see, things are happening. One day, eventually a storm will break loose and water will rain down to the world, taking me with it. It will be a wonderful storm, not a scary one. I will be on an adventure, down there, with the real me seen and known. Until then, I will remain floating in the sky with my puffy clouds.


The author's comments:
This was part of an english assignment I had at the beginning of the semester. We were supposed to write something personal about ourselves as a natural occurance. I suppose this sort of explains my screne name or whatever you call it.