Cold-Blooded

They followed me across the room.
They glinted in the light,
And shone like the moon.
They moved quickly,
Flicking here, and there;
Seeming to look through me,
In a penetrating stare.

My eyes kept low,
I was afraid to look.
However, I'm sure they still read me;
Like an open book.
They looked at me intently,
As if for them I would be a thriller.
There they followed me,
The cold-blooded eyes; of a killer.

flyingpinkgiraffes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey don't be so hard on urself..... It's actually pretty dang good. It's very song like. You should try to write lyrics. Ya know, besides skanderlicous :-)

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
Yeah, I mean, I suppose you're right. But it's hard not to, because the things I write now I think are so much better than this. And it's hard not to look at it and see all the flaws. :P But that's good, though, right? If i see them, I can fix them. :) Hmmm... well, I'm not very good at writing songs, and Skandarlicious was mainly a parody for Em. I don't usually do songs. I'm not ood with them, and the thing for Em was just sort of a little thing on the side. I prefer to keep my focus on noveli... (more »)

Cordelia-13 said...
I think I could have done way better. It's ok though. Eh XDD

miracle_of_hope replied...
no it resds like a song but sounds a bit paranoid

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
Yeah, I mean, I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it or anything, so it's probably not the best it could be. It does kinda come across paranoid, though. :) Thanks for reading it.

PussnBoots replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 8:55 am
I think it's unique. It does sound paranoid, but that's kind of what makes it cool. :)

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
Thanks. Although I have to say, it was one of my first pieces, and I've never been good at writing poems or anything, so in my opinion, I think it's the worst of my work on here. :P Probably one of the only poems I've ever written as well. XD