That's what friends do. | Teen Ink

That's what friends do.

By Patience97 PLATINUM, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
Patience97 PLATINUM, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania

"People believe that if we really want to eliminate something, focus on that. How much sense does it make for us to give the particular problem all of the energy, as opposed to focusing on trust, love, living in abundance, education, or peace? -Un.

What if I was dying.
Would you be at my side?
What would you expect from me?
To tell you why I love you?
To tell you that I'll always remember you?
To tell you to keep me in your heart?
You should already know,
That I love you,
That I want to be with you forever,
That I'll never forget you,
Even in the worst of times,
I'll be at your side, you'll be at mine,
Encouraging each other,
To keep going,
That we'll make it through,
That we can be together forever,
Because that's what friends do,
And I shouldn't even have to tell you,
That I love you.
I live for your smile, your happiness,
And I hope I'm the reason that you're smiling, too.
I hope that I mean the same to you,
Because that's what friends do,
And I love you.

I couldn't ever imagine losing my friends; to a disease, to a fight. It just doesn't seem right, they are my friends, and I love them. :)

on Jun. 9 2010 at 6:18 pm

Haha thanks :)

on Jun. 9 2010 at 6:17 pm

Haha awww. Thank you so much :)

on Jun. 9 2010 at 4:37 pm
HeatherBee BRONZE, I Live In, Texas

Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect

awww thats totally how i am with my best friend!! i loved ur word choice, ya did a fantastic job!!

on May. 28 2010 at 8:44 pm
Ninten1992 PLATINUM, New York, New York

"Forgive and Forget".

I love this poem. It's so touching. :)

on May. 25 2010 at 2:58 pm

I agree.

Of course I'll look at your work! :)

on May. 25 2010 at 2:57 pm

Haha thanks... I just copied it out of my journal. I love that thing :)

on May. 25 2010 at 6:23 am

Yea, I know what you mean... I think we all feel like thaT at sometime. I will check out your work!! :))

Kels_W. BRONZE said...
on May. 23 2010 at 7:45 pm
Kels_W. BRONZE, Kempton, Pennsylvania

Twitter-paited. They're all twitter-paited!!!

~Friend Owl, Bambi

hey darlin! you amaze me endlessly! i didn't know you could write like this!!!!

~K.W. ;)

on May. 22 2010 at 8:50 am

Thanks so much! :)

on May. 20 2010 at 6:13 pm
VampiericRain GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

Would you like a side of epic with that fail?

I can totally relate. I dont know what I would do with out my friends by me side. Five stars! :) 

I would really appreiciate if you would look at some of my work. That would be amazing! :) Thanx!

on May. 20 2010 at 5:03 pm
hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida

"You know you’re a writer if your friend tells you a heartbreaking story and your first reaction is – wow, that would make an incredible plot for a novel. You know you’re a smart writer if you manage to keep that reaction to yourself."

I can totally relate! This is a good poem, I feel the same way about my friends, and I want to tell them but I don't want to sound weird, you know? Anyway, i wrote a lot of poetry about my friends. Check it out and comment if you have the time! I'd love to get feedback from you! 

on May. 17 2010 at 8:08 pm

Taco.

I think about things a lot.

Taco29 said...
on May. 17 2010 at 6:17 pm
This poem is very insightful.  How do you write so insightfully if never having gone through something like this?

on May. 9 2010 at 11:57 am
mandi caldwell GOLD, Christana, Pennsylvania
that is really good i like that alot.... great job....keep writing.....love it!!!!

on May. 6 2010 at 8:27 pm

Haha! Thanks. Happy to know my poem isn't weird :)

on May. 6 2010 at 4:53 pm
Hannabelle GOLD, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania

"People are like slinky. They don't do much, but they are fun to push down the stairs" -Unknown

You are not weird, and neither is this poem. Good Job!