is this me | Teen Ink

is this me

April 10, 2010
By Bookwryme BRONZE, Paradox Lake, New York
Bookwryme BRONZE, Paradox Lake, New York
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Nothing Gold can stay" By robert frost


Alone to face a darkened place, only stars to light the way to look to the past id such a crime, a fait that’s worse than death.
Known by all yet knew by none, a stranger in the crowd. Single bird in snow swept field, bound in chains for flight. Every one talks, but no one speaks, a life not worthy of life.
How can I be the only grain of sand by endless sea, when all around, rocks break down till reduced to no more.

Single bird in snow swept field, bound in chains for flight.
Lust for sky yet bound to earth, simple because of birth. To watch all other glide in breeze, simply because they are free,
A tortured life to me.
See friends that laugh and play, regardless to your pain.
With all the things that hold you bound, like your given name,
Is it truly best to live, a half-life than not to live at all?
When so many things become links in binding chain, causing you so much mortal pain.

How can I be that only grain of sand by endless shore when all around rocks break down till reduced to no more?
To look in a crowd for a friendly face, yet never one you see.
To live life with out cause, cast in eternal misery.
How is this me, how can this be? With millions grains but only me by endless shore at pounding sea.