Ode to You

Best Friend to you is just a word.
If you need something, I’m your hand to hold,
But if I ask for your help in return,
All I get is one giant burn.

Try walking on an icy breeze,
Or swimming in a frozen sea.
That’s how hard it is for me,
To express my feelings to somebody.

As my best friend you’re supposed to know,
That is just the way I roll.
Don’t ask me “What should I do?”
For you know I could never hurt you.

And if it means hurting myself instead,
At least it’s not your head on your bed,
Crying tears that will not shed.

If after three years you cannot see,
My actual personality,
I believe our friendship is through,
I must somehow get along without you.

But how to confront, I do not know,
In which direction I should go.
I do not want to make a scene,
For we could never be enemies.

But perhaps a healthy break,
From each other we must take,
And see from another point of view,
Everything that we’ve been through.

Maybe someday in future’s plan,
We may once again hold hands,
Become like sisters once more,
And what’s mine can again be yours.

But until that day I must say ‘Adieu’
To my old best friend of you.

verowero:) said...
mariaam.... esoo dejaa a uno speachless... stoii impactadaa.. pero sabes que stoii akii para tii no matter whatt. i wont turn my back on you insteed i exten my hand and hope that you will take it... y have being both of those positions... i hope that problem did get resolved.. :/ oh well.. te amoo!! your the best mommy eve!! :)

maritina replied...
:) thank u .. it did get resolved though were no longer bffs were still friends and talk to eachother often :)  and i know ur there for me.. ud better be ur my daughter hahahahah... adoptive daughter ;)

verowero:) replied...

jajajaja duuur im going to be there for you!! you adopted mee!! and im sorri to hear that.. better the reason for all the fights and hatred willl be hopefully explained in the end.. and even sometimes we have the answer to stop it and not know it... :)

btw. this webpage get you really poetic.. jeje.. :S

maritina replied...

haha i know... it inspires :P but thats what writing and reading is supposed to do, the more you read the more ideas and inspirations your get to write what it is you think and how you feel. Reading expands your horizons and reaches deep into your soul and mind awakening feelings and thoughts you did not know existed before.

Talk about inspiration jajajajaja!!!!!

verowero:) replied...
wwooaahh... mariam you got to poetic with me there ... :S peroo it is good to express yourself in untold ways. to pick up a paint brush (me) or to sit down and write (you), yet sometimes we all just want to say the same thing in different ways to be abile to say it and not be juzged by no one or anyone. we all try to blend in sometimes and in the way we loose ourself. and here one doesn't have to blend just be theirself. be accepted by other people with out them having to thing twice on if this ... (more »)

maritina replied...
thank u vero.. and it's super true. BTW.. i didnt know u paint. but painting is the same thing as writting and u know what they say.. sometimes a painting is worth a thousand words. :) but thats exactly what i do, I write to express my emotions, how I feel and to escape to a place where no one judges by who you are or what you do it is a world where it is just me, my mind, a pen and paper. In that world i can create beautiful things without having to worry about whether they will satisfy others ... (more »)