Pay No Attetion To My Puncuation Marks

This here
was made for you.
And I know that
you’ve probably heard that
a thousand times already,
But this here,
was really made for you.
The punctuation,
Might throw you off.
So pay no attention to it.
The comma
May suggest,
That there’s more to come
But there isn’t.
The question marks,
Will lead you to believe,
That I’ve questioned
My decisions,
But I haven’t.
And the exclamation mark
Might allow you to assume
That I’m happy or excited
But I’m not
And I’m not.
But this sentence here,
this statement right here,
This period right here,
Was designed for you.
So that when you read it,
To yourself,
And to her,
And repeat it,
to yourself,
And to her,
You’ll realize,
That it’s over.

jessica.cherish.conner said...

as i was reading your work, i came apon this little master piece Ha!

i love every way you decided to let the puncuation tell the story!

Fantastic!

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 2:58 am
thank you captain. sorry i couldnt see you through the haystack.

GreenActressThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
OMG I can't even begin to explain how much I love this piece! It's just plain amazing, I'm like in love with this poem now, no joke! :) It has good rythm, it is totally original, unqiue, stands out, and I LOVE the title! I also really like the last line, brillantly written! It flows so smoothly that you could mistake it for water! :) Truly amazing, you have a really creative and talented mind in your head! Keep writing, I can't wait to read more of your work! THis is awesome!!!

thats like the best comment i ever got. its meaningful, and -well you know. thank you so much for donating a paragraph of your thoughts towards my direction:)

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I relate. It was funny. Didn't make me laugh though.... I try not to laugh. I'm getting good at it......jk it was awesome!!!

you guys are great. youre like the best feedbackers in the world. cause you actually GIVE FEEDBACK.-you should consider being movie critics-when the poor film directors wanna know what you think-just lie to everyone.

Kairah027 said...
I LOVE IT!! PLUS IT MADE ME LAUGH, FINALLY SOMEONE CAN DESCRIBE EXACTLY HOW I FEEL :P

thank you- I'm practicing. I want people to relate to my stuff- rarely ever happens though........:|

Kairah027 replied...
I think people find your stuff hard to relate because sometimes they don't understand your thoughts but that's a good thing because means that your poems have profound depth to them which is sometimes uncomprehendable to the creativless minds.

"creativeless minds" there we go. thank you.

~*)Wish(*~ said...
May 9, 2010 at 11:17 am
this is awesome. i loved it. very to the point. :) five stars.

thank you- I'm glad someone gets it.

insaneprincess said...

I think this is really amazing ,

you managed to state a point but it turned out beautifully ! Good job

thank you-that was the point. get it.... the point... HAHAHAHA.

insaneprincess replied...
yer welcome and yes i get it :P ahahahaha

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
thank you-I've been working on my straightforwardness....I must be getting somewhere.

kengx3 said...
I love this. Simple, straightforward, and brilliant. 

faypirate23 replied...
MY HEADS GONNA SPIN AROUND POP OFF AND EXPLODE THAT WAS SO GREAT!;)))))))))

May 26, 2010 at 6:09 am
please dont let your head do that, because then you wont be able to comment on any more to my stuff....

faypirate23 replied...
oh my gosh ur right!!puts head back on tight