The Chaotic Oath of an Anarchist | Teen Ink

The Chaotic Oath of an Anarchist

I pledge no-legiance to any flag,
But will devout myself to all things spontaneous
That lead to nowhere but down the
chains of disaster.
I will strive to ‘just do,’ like the Joker,
Or breed mayhem like the infamous V.
I will challenge the world to stop me
From scathing it with an ever burning inferno
Inside the woods, the factories, the heart of men
And generations to come.
I will reach with my gauntlet into their minds,
And set a bomb that ticks, ticks, and ticks again
Until they finally implode
into their own Harvey Two-Face.
I will play with the masses’ emotion like a violin,
Then cut their strings and watch them struggle
To keep the last bit of sanity.
I will acknowledge that Anarchy has no banner,
No rules, no laws, no adherence to any principle
Or pact but this doctrine that I recite presently.
I will make sure there are many nations,
Under no one and divisible,
With liberty and true justice for all.

I always wanted to know what went through the deranged mind of an anarchist. 'If they had an oath', I thought, 'it'd probably be along the lines of this poem,' and that's what I could come up with.

on Sep. 5 2020 at 4:13 am
allyfinder124, Bellerose, New York

Education makes people easy to govern but impossible to enslave.

Edit: autocorrect changed "obligations such as" to Pflugerville. Sorry.

on Sep. 5 2020 at 4:10 am
allyfinder124, Bellerose, New York

Most anarchists are peaceful but irresponsible people. History has shown that when any part of society becomes completely unfettered, whether the government, corporations, or the people themselves, it takes away the rights of all the other parts. Many Americans want to drastically shrink the government without completely abolishing it but government shouldn't be too big or too small. Voluntary civil society is the best kind of social organization but living in civiluzation comes with certain involuntary Pflugerville paying taxes. I believe that in this country we have too much of the wrong kind of freedom, such as unfettered consumption and gun ownership, and not enough free thinking and open-mindedness. Anarchists equate a "natural" and "organic" social order with a positive one, and that's true when it comes to respecting the ecosystem, but by definition civilization exists to suppress the negative parts of our nature.

on Apr. 28 2010 at 2:47 pm
Miles Hamer BRONZE, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
And the word 'gay' underwent the same sort of process as well. Goes to show what few destructive and noteworthy people/events can do to our language of today.

Templar314 said...
on Apr. 27 2010 at 6:25 pm
Templar314, Hell, Michigan
Anarchism is largely misrepresented in today's world. It is mainly a peaceful philosophy with the goal of stopping the corruption that the state inevitably develops when government officials forget that their job is to serve rather than to be served; in essence, anarchism is a comprehensive civil rights movement. Anarchists generally do not want chaos, just a more natural and voluntary form of order. It is because of the few, hypocritical anarchists who do protest through destructive crime, and the media who focuses only on this aspect of the movement, that the modern view of anarchism has the connotations that this work suggests.