Everything Equal

I hear desperate cries for help
But you know I couldn’t care any less
When our allies came to us for help
We left them stranded with the rest
And when our foes presented a challenge
We put them all to the test
They slaughtered two hundred and sixty men
And carelessly forgot about the rest
The enemy summoned his courage
But courage just simply wasn’t there
Courage was a pathetic coward
Sobbing in his rocking chair
He had made himself a shadow
And inside it he dug little a hole
And when the sun and stars had given up
That is where they all would go
The survivors rose up out of grave
Covered in mud and grime
They came at us by the seven’s
We threw out thirty at a time
All of they went down at once
Biting off the forks of their defeat
And until next year comes around
This is the song that Winter sings.

Aderes18 said...
I know it's about the seasons but this just reminds me of World War II...

DreamWriter15 said...
I love it, it has natural flow, and naturally is vague and straight forward all at once.  Keep writing!

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 3:09 am
you've really inspired me to do my dance on a regular basis.

DreamWriter15 replied...
That's a good thing, because regularity is always good, as is change, and since "doing your dance" is different, then you can be different on a regular basis, and change the way others see writing :)

very nice. philosophize me captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Someone had better understand it, since my philosophy freak friend doesn't...

hey, its all about you.

DreamWriter15 replied...
no, it's not, cause if it were, this would be a sad world indeed...

Jul. 1, 2010 at 2:53 am
at least were all dying to the rhythm of your nice poetic tune.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Well, if you were dying, that makes me question the niceness of the poetic tune...

your poem isnt the cause of the death captain, i guess someone just happens to be reading it while were dying.......are you a nerd? out just of iosity cur.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Well, that depends on what your definition of a nerd is.

Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:47 am
"jill, are you hungry?" "Well that depends on your definition of hungry." "well did you eat?" "That depends on your definition of eating." "So are you going to answer my question or not?" "Hmmm... now what do you mean by answering your question?" "Now I'm getting angry!" "Hmm.. define angry...."

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:33 am
HAHA!  Well, I'm serious, if your definition of a nerd is glasses and straight clothes and matching pigtail ribbons and shiny black shoes, that's not me.  If your definition is someone who wears skirts and flip-flops and has a large family and who gets straight A's and who hangs out with all the other valedictorian-to-bees at the lunch table, then, yeah, that's me.  If your definition is someone who doesn't do squat with their homework, goes home and plays computer games all ... (more »)

hmm...the first and the third, so i guess you're not a nerd. how hard was that captain?

oh no wait, that would be a geek. so yeah, you are a nerd.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Well, then I guess, yeah, I'm a nerd.  Now, what was the purpose of the question?

Jul. 8, 2010 at 11:20 am
to get an answer. are we really gonna do this today?

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 12:17 am
Apparently we are [sighs dramatically].  What was the purpose of the question "Are you a nerd?"  And if that was to get an answer, what kind of answer were you anticipating?  Because when one asks a question, in this atmosphere, it is because they want to find out something, but do not want to ask directly, and so ask a sideways question with which to confirm or convey or uncomfirm what they were wondering in the first place.  I am wanting to know what that wondering was?

hmmm...okay..how about a yes or no answer. i speak directly captain. you wont catch me on the side streets.