Somewhere East Of Here

I’m accustomed to nice things,
Like purple ribbons and blue balloons.
He crept up during the night,
With flashing lights and silver spoons.
A good night combed my hair straight through,
But it left the comb twisted and tangled.
He’s always watching from the corner,
The corner’s watching from an angle.
He tempts me with glimpses of dusk,
Hoping that I’ll take a long walk.
He’s betting I’ll have a nervous breakdown,
But my breakdowns refuse to talk.
The shadows often come to spy out the land,
Sometimes I can even hear them creeping.
They know the sunshine can’t reach the garden,
And they know the vegetables are full of secrets.
They tried to catch me on a spaghetti night,
But I knew it all too good and well.
The windows and doors sealed themselves shut,
And my sweet tomatoes will never tell.
I see him peeking through a window,
But I don’t find his looks intimidating,
Because my eyes are also a glowing bright red,
And the weight on my shoulders is twice as heavy.
My soul set out like an armed navy ship,
Refusing to suffer such a shameful defeat.
My soul crushed like an armed navy ship,
Under the weight of his massive seas.

DreamWriter15 said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 7:28 pm:
I think this is very artful, but a bit like a dream.  And that's strange, because it's kind of hard to write a dream, since they're just dreams and very hard to put into reality.  But you've done it quite nicely.  I love it!

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 5:39 pm :
based on our awesome conversations and magnetic bonds i couldnt picuture your elevator being anywhere near the top, even if you like to analyze everything. if you were normal, this never would have worked captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 8:10 pm :
Haha, well, maybe I'm not as sane as I thought, then.  But you know, if I were crazy, would I know about it?

Jul. 26, 2010 at 1:51 pm :
obviously not. if you were insane you'd know for sure though. yep, you'd pretty much be handing out flyers...

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 4:34 pm :
Maybe other people would know I was insane, but would I?  In my state of mind, how would I know I was insane, because if I were and I knew it, then I wouldn't be insane, because I would have tried to stop myself from being insane, but insane is a state in which the person is not sane anymore, and I would not like to be in such a state, though I know I am somewhat, so I know that if I were insane, YOU would be the sane one.

Jul. 28, 2010 at 5:04 pm :
says who? provanate me captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 5:13 pm :
Says  Mr. Fox in Batman Begins...I think.

Jul. 29, 2010 at 9:17 pm :
oh, well its nice to know youre not original. nothings better then doing someone elses dance. do your own dance. he's mad at me cause i call him 'captain'. how dare.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 30, 2010 at 1:22 pm :
Darn you, I AM original!

Jul. 30, 2010 at 3:22 pm :
well then help me clean this here milk up. dont batman me captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 6:20 am :
I'm sorry, it's just that's one of the things I hate is unoriginality.

Aug. 3, 2010 at 2:52 pm :
i know your original captain. i mean said what i didnt. thats what happens when you literalize me captain. i dont sense much make do i?

DreamWriter15 replied...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 5:16 pm :
Literalization makes more sense than deliteralization.

Aug. 5, 2010 at 11:10 am :
okay...the point was?????

DreamWriter15 replied...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 11:43 pm :
I don't know it's confusing...

Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:13 pm :
so...the thread really is this long? and..we're down near tate publishing?

DreamWriter15 replied...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:37 pm :
Commo se wha...?

Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:48 pm :
De quoi parles-tu?

DreamWriter15 replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 11:19 am :
I'm sorry I don't speak Swahili...

Aug. 11, 2010 at 4:59 pm :
(peeps around the corner and looks both ways) "its FRENCH captain." i said what did you say?

DreamWriter15 replied...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm :
Haha, that's kind of what I said "Commo se" means basically "What is" and "wha...?" obviously means "wha...?" so I put it together....."Commo se wha...?" means "What did you say?"