What to Write

I have no clue on what to write.
For my homework due; this is my plight.
What topic or issue should I choose?
My time is like a shortening fuse.
Do I rhyme, outline, or just write free?
Oh, what trouble this gives me.
A sonnet? A limerick? A haiku? A fable?
I can write all of these, I just am not able
To come up with a well-written poem
That I might not finish if I take it home.
Time’s nearly up, I quickly type that:
A submission that will possibly fall flat.
I hope you enjoy it, for this is my rhyme,
About what to write when there is no time.

pranavmeno said...
Nice, "stargazer453". I just want to say that you could of used a better word for "shortening" in line four. I'm going to put something on TeenInk!

StarGazer453 replied...
I think so too, after rereading it.  I just wanted to get it in to my teacher, and I kinda filled in the stanzas with whatever I thought of!

Artst123 replied...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 10:49 am
Hey, this is in the book that we make every year at school. but you changed it. It is better in the book...

StarGazer453 replied...
You're Eric, right?  I did change it a little bit.  I liked your stories too, especially the one about a daily class with Mr. Vitale.  I lol'd real hard!!

Artst123 replied...
thanks! Though I spelled his name "Vitali" instead of "Vitale". oops... Anyways, there were a lot of mistakes in the book this year.

StarGazer453 replied...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 9:10 am
I agree.  I don't know where some of these people learned to type.  And even in the eighth grade yearboook, they had a page with the title punctuated incorrectly.  The title was "musicians", but the creators of the book put "musician's".  Guess that shows how great our education is, huh?  ;)

SwimmerChickHP said...
Love your poem Lgan! Really creative, and no, I am NOT being sarcastic. Next time you come up with something like this, don't hesitate to post it!

$martypant$ said...
I liked it. I thought it was cute and well rhymed. I especially liked the fuse part. Keep writing!

*Stargirl* said...
I totally understand what this is like! I like how you made it humorous, and I liked the fuse part in the first stanza. It made it seem as if you would explode if you couldn't write a poem.