Sunrise

Light shines
Dimly
Through the window;
The first signs
Of sunrise
Through the clouds

No bird sing,
But they are there –
Puffed up against
The residual cold
Of night
And winter…
And death

I watch
The oranges and pinks and blues
Of distant dawn
Paint the clouds

And I think of you

littlebrownpet said...
May 27, 2010 at 1:16 am:
It's so beautiful!

forgottenpennameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 23, 2010 at 8:39 pm:
Thanks sooo much everyone. :)

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 23, 2010 at 6:40 pm:
This is amazing, cavyheart. Even better than your other poems. Great descriptions, but not too much. It's really good.

Kelsey P. said...
May 19, 2010 at 9:09 pm:
Love it!!!!!!!

Shahed said...
May 19, 2010 at 7:45 pm:

I like it! My grandma died about 2 years ago, I've never thought her lost would be so hard! I absoultley feel you through this!, RIP for all our deaths, great work!!

Check out my work, I would like to read your comments and know what you think of them :)

LizzyW. said...
May 19, 2010 at 6:01 pm:
I really loved the imagery in this poem! It was really good. I am a new writer on Teen ink.... check out my first poem- Always Remember

forgottenpennameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 26, 2010 at 4:21 pm :
Will do! I'm sure it's great!

starlight26:)This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 19, 2010 at 5:05 pm:
BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVED IT. Check out some of my work if you'd like. :)

May 26, 2010 at 4:20 pm :
Of course. :)

Everhart said...
May 2, 2010 at 12:47 pm:
Awww... So beautiful.

May 4, 2010 at 7:53 pm :
Gracias. :')