The walk up the road | Teen Ink

The walk up the road

March 29, 2010
By spiritchild BRONZE, London, Other
spiritchild BRONZE, London, Other
2 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
As Albert Camus once said 'Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair offering us for a minute the glipse of an eternity that we should like to strech out over the whole of time.'


Start as a group of 6. Two already known to have displeasure for your company.
Masking that sense of insecurity you paint the picture of enjoyment and thrill to be at your current destination with the current company-thanks M, I owe you.
Their perfumed boozy breath fills your head. You can taste their drunken state.
On their realization of exactly who this new addition to the party is, a few of them start to stare. One by one they walk off ahead and whisper, all the while staring back and pointing.

You become possessed as you fling your limbs back and forth, swinging like a demonic pendulum, in a desperate attempt to grab onto the arms of any one surrounding, searching for that comfort and support-to no avail.

Quickly left at the bottom of a dark street-alone-looking up at the endless road stretching out before you, dreading that inevitable walk to the top where they stand, waiting. Waiting.

As you take that loooong walk up . You begin to question if they were truthfully talking about you, perhaps your just paranoid. Unpeeling your head that had been: shamefully, painfully, stuck to the ground, you look up. The distance appears to have halved by light-years. Of course it’s not you their talking about. You smile and say hi- a new found being is born-short lived. You and another walk off together, apparent further confirmation of your paranoia, although as they wave good bye to the others you still have that uncomfortable feeling in your stomach and merely nod your head in their direction.

Cross the road, out of eyesight. And you hear it, their screams and laughter. Leaving no doubt in your mind-you were the topic of discussion.


The author's comments:
I hope you get what im trying to say, thanks for reading