What blissful love! | Teen Ink

What blissful love!

By respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York
respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York

There is a natural law in life to settle.....I broke that law ~Katherine Hepburn
Love, Is the severest of mental diseases~U.K.
Spinning always spinning....when life puts me down I'll give you a call~respecturself7

What blissful love! Such desolation Destroyed my perfect adoration. To Want again what cannot be so sorrowfully I cling to thee.

Oh, sweet remembrance of Yesterdays! Relive the moment of a Lovers gaze. Beneath the evening a Star cloaked sky, resist the Longing that fills my eyes.

What apathy you've for the love That use to feel so real. Lack of Emotion no more the rush, these Hands have lost appeal. The callous Words pour from your mouth I'm numb In unbelief. How can this one I've Known and loved be so indifferent to me?

You walk away this is goodbye alas, I know tis so; the passion gone Fades in the night in the morning I'm alone.

What guilt! What shame! I feel Remorse for indulgence in desire, For loving you has burned my soul You took my innocence with your Smile.

I've tasted love and I know tis Sweet and the loving sweeter still, But you walk away with a piece of My I'll again never refill.

Sorry if there's a bunch of punctuation errors, I'm horrible at it. This poem is not about me personally. It's about someone very close to my heart who's made some mistakes in giving the most important part of herself away to someone who didn't truly love her.

on Jul. 13 2010 at 4:09 pm
babigerl1194 PLATINUM, Margaretville, New York

wat doesnt kill you only makes you stronger

WOW> this is incredible. i love the language and your intense vocab, how you kept it smooth and all the passion in it. 10/10.     ps plz critiq my work..

on Jul. 2 2010 at 1:39 am
Pitiful_Anonymous PLATINUM, New Cumberland, West Virginia

"and all you f***ers go beep beep beep in cheap,plastic cars. If It's to dumb to see or say you'll still sing it, and I'll just cue the applause" - Marilyn Manson

I. Love. This! I love how you used a more refines, shakespearian language. very good. :)

I can really relate to what your saying. and maybe you dont feel this way, but for me i get so aggravated, because it seems they never learn from the mistake made, you know?

anyway, Great job here. I'm a sucker for shakespear, and this remindedly me greatly of him. :)

XCLover GOLD said...
on Jun. 3 2010 at 4:12 pm
XCLover GOLD, Sandpoint, Idaho

"I know I run like a girl, try and keep up!" ~Anon
"You only ever grow as a human being if you are outside your comfort zone." ~Percy Cerutti
"The hug is incomplete without you :3" NinjaMan

I have no idea...I'll have to think about this one...

on Jun. 3 2010 at 3:00 am
respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York

Yeah, totally! How would we do that exactly, email?

XCLover GOLD said...
on Jun. 2 2010 at 11:31 pm
XCLover GOLD, Sandpoint, Idaho

Now ,of course, all of my replies show up.

Sorry I posted the same thing three times! I'll try to be more patient with this computer.

XCLover GOLD said...
on Jun. 2 2010 at 11:30 pm
XCLover GOLD, Sandpoint, Idaho

My reply isn't showing up for some reason. anyway.

Yeah I don't think these are edited unless we do it ourselves. Were you serious about the editing? Cause I totally would! I edit for my school's newspaper and I really like it :).

XCLover GOLD said...
on Jun. 2 2010 at 11:29 pm
XCLover GOLD, Sandpoint, Idaho

Oh yep I don't think they edit them. Are you serious about the editing? Cause I totally would! I edit for my school's newspaper and I really like it :D.

XCLover GOLD said...
on Jun. 2 2010 at 11:28 pm
XCLover GOLD, Sandpoint, Idaho

Are you serious about editing? Cause I would totally edit for you! I copy edit for my school's newspaper and I really like it :D

on Jun. 2 2010 at 12:06 am
respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS. WANNA BE MY EDITOR? I'M BROKE SO I COULDN'T PAY YOU BUT.....? SRY THIS IS STUCK ON CAPS!LOL

on Jun. 2 2010 at 12:03 am
respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York

NO I DEF DIDNT MEAN TO DO THAT WITH THE CAPITALIZATION, I WAS HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME TRYING TO SUBMIT IT FROM MY COMPUTER. IT WAS THE FIRST POEM I SUBITTED AND I THOUGHT THEY EDIT ALL THE WRITING. WHICH IS GREAT BECAUSE NOW I PROB PUT A BUNCH OF ERRORS IN THE OTHER STUFF I SUBMITTED! LOL

XCLover GOLD said...
on May. 30 2010 at 2:14 pm
XCLover GOLD, Sandpoint, Idaho

I thought I was reading Shakespeare for a second...no joke. I love your style!

XCLover GOLD said...
on May. 30 2010 at 2:13 pm
XCLover GOLD, Sandpoint, Idaho

Consider the word "disbelief" instead of "unbelief". However, I've always thought that twisting words and punctuation are completely up to the author in poetry. I was a bit confused with the random words capitalized, did you do that on purpose?

on May. 21 2010 at 10:22 am
respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York

Thanks so much! That really means a lot to me.:)

on May. 21 2010 at 12:15 am
the_sky_is_blue GOLD, Reno, Nevada

"Become the change you want to see"-Mahatma Gandhi

You underestimate yourself.  I thought that this was a very good piece of writing.  I like your style of writing and it made me think.  Good job!

on Apr. 21 2010 at 7:00 pm
respecturself7 SILVER, Medina, New York

Um...it's supposed to say "But you walk away with a piece of ME I'll again never refill" not MY! sorry for the mixup