Typewriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The typewriter never stops running.
Most days, it's too fast for my mouth
or fingers to keep up with,
and so I strive to transform
abstract concepts into physical contexts.
The typewriter never sleeps.
Most nights, it's too awake for my eyes
to close or my body to lie still,
and I, even as I turn off the lights,
I know it will still type in full darkness.
The typewriter never silences.
Most hours, it's too loud for my ears
to hear the ticking of the clock,
and I now tell time not by seconds
but by words per minute.
The typewriter never stops growing.
Most years, it's too powerful for my soul
to use it to the greatest extent,
but I am growing just as it does
for its ink runs through my veins.

marinashutup This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this! I can totally relate. The way you feel like you must write and how the ideas run their way through your mind until you must take them down on paper. I love how you personified the typewriter. Good work!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I ADORE this poem. It's written with considerable talent and verbal cleverness. I love how you seemed to give life to the typewriter, making it more than nonwriters would consider it to be. Very well done, my friend.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
And if you're to be controlled by an inanimate object, what is a better thing than a typewriter?

CanadianRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nicely written