When I was young in Canada | Teen Ink

When I was young in Canada

When I was young in Canada,
I would wake up in the cold morning, with the sound of birds chirping outside. My mother would come in a straighten up my bed, and lay out my clothes.

When I was young in Canada,
my mother would drive me to school in the snow, and always make sure i got there safely.

When I was young in Canada, school was simple. The day was short and all through it, it would snow. It was too cold to go outside.

When I was young in Canada, we would stop on the way home from school at the grocery store, and buy our food that we would set out later that night.

When I was young in Canada,
I would rest and then start my homework and bath. The water was always super hot, but I didn't mind because of the weather outside.

When I was young in Canada, I would wait around and play silly games with my sister until dinner came around.

When I was young in Canada, the table was always set with my favorite foods. We sat after dinner on our porch, bundled up in our warmest clothes, and talked about our days.

When I was young in Canada, the days were the best. I never wanted to leave, maybe that was just because I was young. I always just loved the place I was in.

This piece really speaks volumes of how I feel about my hometown.